Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 09:54:07 »

This was not meant to be an actual song, it was just the RUSH boy's goofing around in warm up! One of the bands guitar tech's hit the 'record' button in the studio and bingo. Tight as Yorkshireman for just messing about mind...
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: Countdown (not the programme on telly)
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 09:50:05 »
Looking forward to reading your first impressions on the new bike. I was talking to feller up at Rothbury last week with an RE and he was full of praise for it. He reckons it was almost a torquey as his 1200GS in real-world situations, nearly as comfortable and a lot more fun to ride. It will hopefully be more reliable too. I don't doubt the reliability bit...
For Sale (Bike related) / Re: 2007 DL1000 for sale
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 09:45:54 »
Nice one, pleased for you it's sold, but at the same time it's a bit sad it's gone. Just the beautiful Triumph to go  :thumb:
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 09:41:48 »
playing rugby with the
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: The moaning old git thread
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 09:39:55 »
Yes, I'm full fibre via the overhead network. Easier to install & easier to fix faults (being a former overhead linesman for the 'leccy board I can fully testify to the latter). The downside is birds can rest on the fibre cable & poo on Your car.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Fork Spring identification
« Last post by Gert on Today at 08:51:11 »
Total rider weight / load, how the bike is to be used (dual purpose vs tar only) and riding style would normally determine whether the fork and shock springs need to be upgraded for better handling.
The stock springs may do for a person with a weight of up to 120 - 150 lb but will eventually cause the shock to fail as the miles rack up. If your total weight (rider, passanger, luggage, farkels) exceeds this 150lb range, then it may be best to upgrade to springs that are more suitable for the extra weight or opt for the suitable aftermarket suspension upgrades available.
To me, a spring replacement will be cost less than trying to replace / repair a leaking / busted shock at a later date or buying an aftermarket replacement.
For a DIY rear spring replacement, have a look at https://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php?topic=2195.0
Also have a look at https://racetech.com for info on springs

Introductions / Re: Returning long time member
« Last post by mr_diver on Today at 08:29:25 »
 :wb:
Wanted / Re: Fuel Tank Panel
« Last post by euler on Today at 08:25:29 »
boonstra/baboon parts NL. worth a look.
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: Countdown (not the programme on telly)
« Last post by Joe Rocket on Today at 08:18:21 »
 :eusa-doh:
Introductions / Re: Returning long time member
« Last post by Gert on Today at 08:10:56 »
 :wb:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10