Author Topic: Clutch Lever  (Read 436 times)

Offline VersysGTRider

• Bike: SUZUKI V-STROM 1050XT
Clutch Lever
« on: May 24, 2024, 15:22:38 »
Can anyone suggest shorter clutch and brake lever's for my 1050xt only I have small hands 🤣 and the clutch Lever is particularly awkward to reach or a way of bringing the Lever closer I've tried the dial but it's not made much difference cheers people 👍

Offline deecat

• Bike: 800 RE
Re: Clutch Lever
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 16:44:23 »
I have used V-Trec  levers on a few of my bikes now, including the 1050 when I had it.
They are not as cheap as the ones on ebay from the land of poor quality, but after having a brake failure using them on a er-6 I decided to seek out better quality items which these levers from Germany have been.

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 23:26:51 »
Problem with bringing it closer, is that you might not be able to fully disengage your clutch. Dial your current lever all the way in so it's as close as it will go, sit on the bike, clutch pulled in, put in gear and find where the bite point is. If it's just off the bar, you might have to find another solution.

Online nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2024, 05:10:14 »
The problem with shorty levers is the leverage makes them slightly harder to pull.Works OK with most hydraulic clutches but can be a problem on cables.And being shorter doesn,t affect the bite point.But a move to a more "dog leg " style may help.I too would avoid chineesium and go for some mid priced levers. Preferably  from somewhere that does returns  :icon_wink:

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2024, 15:41:09 »
What about these. Not cheap but they look as good as you will get and Sportsbikeshop are a first class company to deal with.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/184159
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.