Author Topic: How many female members of this forum?  (Read 417 times)

Online Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
Re: How many female members of this forum?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 18:01:47 »
Bike size and style will definitely play a part. I know 3 female friends (and one short bloke to be fair) who all ride and they often bemoan the shift towards adventure bikes as having made things tougher. Now join a forum for MT-07s or Ducati Scramblers and you'd hopefully to see a better balance.
* Clearly it's not always a welcoming or equal scene though. I mean, I love Harleys (bought my Strom from a Harley dealer) but none of the women's outfits on the in store posters were exactly CE rated put it that way.

Offline Sea-Strom

• Bike: DL650A (2020) Harley Fat Bob 107 (2019)
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2020, 19:18:47 »
Most of the girl bikers I've ever come across have been pretty determined and genuine motorbike nuts. There are a lot of pressures from some families for kids not to get into bikes cos of the danger. I think even more so for females as it is perhaps not a traditional role to be a biker girl. I agree with the social media comment above - some bullshit on forums often from high posting members  who are usually male! No females have joined in the banter on this thread yet (well not saying so anyway). Feel free - there's a lot of decent chaps on here.   :smirk:
 I personally still hold with the view that V-Stroms are a bit tall for shorter legs and that accounts for the demographic suggested here.

Online user650

• Bike: DL650A M0 in fast white (Gen 3), 2019 Suzuki Address 110 also in fast white
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 22:53:04 »
As stated previously I and others manage very well thanks even though to some I'm a little short. I've only managed 4 vstroms up to now but have managed lots of other bikes over the 45 years I've been riding. Just think how short I must have been while growing up.  :GRR:
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19

Offline Sea-Strom

• Bike: DL650A (2020) Harley Fat Bob 107 (2019)
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 00:49:25 »
I've been riding 55 years and owned a good few bikes. I've always been a little envious of those of either sex with a shorter leg than my  33". There is a much better choice of bikes with 800mm seat heights or less than above although these days seats are getting taller. I do smile when I see a lanky rider with legs sticking out awkwardly! Anyway there is one advantage to being 6'... ladies in the supermarket regularly ask for help getting items off high shelves.  :grin: I believe there are lower and higher seats for the DL. I have a blow up grandad seat pad which takes me up to about 850mm so I can flat foot one side and instep the other when waiting which I find safest if it's windy - it often is here on the sea front.
Anyway...any girls lurking...just one maybe?
 :)