Author Topic: still looking for my new wee  (Read 2127 times)

Offline sbb

still looking for my new wee
« on: October 22, 2011, 05:33:10 »
still can't find an exhaust for my new 2012 wee. even e-mailed companies but nothing. :shrug:  :angry-tappingfoot:  :shrug:

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: still looking for my new wee
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:49:17 »
It only just came out, surely it's going to take a while for anyone to come up with something worth throwing money at?
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline sbb

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 21:09:55 »
I am a man there for impatient, and want it now lol. but I must say today it sounded different, not to noisy just right so may keep it.  :shrug:

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:19:15 »
I test rode a new Wee and thought the standard exhaust sounded better than the one on the older Wee. This kind of thing is very subjective though.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 06:40:30 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
I test rode a new Wee and thought the standard exhaust sounded better than the one on the older Wee. This kind of thing is very subjective though.

The new wee's exhaust note seemed to have a slight edge on it, which I liked. Not too noisy but ... I had a Remus on my old 1100GS, with the BM one it sounded just like a sewing machine, and almost no discernible noise from the exhaust, IMO, at 60 mph. But with the Remus there was quite bad vibes at 70mph which weren't there with the BM one, so it was a trade off extra noise + vibration, or bland and no vibration.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 07:24:51 »
:shy:  I did that American mod and cut the 'peashooter' off the end. sounds much nicer, a little louder, but more rumble and pop on over-run.

I used a grinder to cut of the welded bolts not a dremel from inside of the pipe. the bolts turn fine after you cut a groove with a saw and turn with screwdriver. note - grinders are not the most delicate tools and it shows.
but I feel safer now commuting as the deeper noise seems to carry. my parents say they can hear me coming up the valley where they live, where most bikes are heard for a second then pass. :shrug:  don't know if that's true I'm always doing my Meatloaf impression when riding up the roads round there!  :auto-dirtbike:
(the police van that's usualy parked out side their house does make them slow down rapidly when they come over the crown of the hill  :clap: )

Ride Coordinator

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 15:39:25 »
I have a Scorpion exhaust on my Wee and it sounds lovely and it makes a real difference in traffic when people can hear you to help with them not trying to kill you. It's not loud enough to get any annoyed looks (not that I have noticed), but I do get a few appreciative gazes from people (mostly men though, should I worry? :shrug: ) It's still sedate if you take it easy and quiet enough at speed not to add to fatigue. As much as I like having the Scorpion on, when I had the test ride on the new Wee I thought that it's exhaust is good enough that I wouldn't want to change it right away.