Author Topic: Michelin pilot road any good?  (Read 3128 times)

Offline howie314

Michelin pilot road any good?
« on: April 02, 2010, 18:58:14 »
Hi, found a pair of michelin pilot road for the strom at £140, anybody used them? any good?

Anonymous

Re: Michelin pilot road any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 20:21:55 »
Never used em, but many gu'ys on the bandit forum use em and they always get good reports.

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 21:16:22 »
Might be nice if you updated your profile with bike and location

I think the Pilot Roads are excellent tyres although I haven't tried them on the Strom - For £140 they must be worth a try

I'm plumping for Bridgestone Battlewings - hopefully getting them fitted next week weather permitting
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 08:59:42 »
My mate has them on his BMW K1200s and loves them, good feel & plenty of grip. They don't like gravel though... not ideal for a big trailie to be frightened of gravel ? That's part of the attraction of the 'Strom to me is the semi off road tyres being able to dispence with most road crap with out flinching ? Especially as the roads are breaking up and the surface is so unpredictable this year, I'll stick to my Avon Distanzia's.  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Dr.Gonzo

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 14:58:28 »
I'm running a Pilot Road on the front and a Pilot Road II on the rear. The strange combination came about due to the fact FWR didn't have a suitable Pilot Road in stock when I went to get the tyres fitted.
Do I like them? Oh yes. Now I have much more confidence in the bike going into corners compared to the OEM Bridgestones. As witnessed by the way I'm startign to get more and more wear across the tyres tread only the last 1/2in a side to go, which for me is impressive as I've never been a knee down type of rider.

Offline MARBLE600

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 09:37:41 »
Had Mich Pilot Roads on my Tiger 1050, an excellent tyre. I know of lots of Strom owners on VSRI who swear by them aswell :thumb:  Similar in feel and performance to Bridgestone BT020.
KLV1000 A2H plus Madstad bracket with sports screen, Corbin touring seat,Remus revolution alloy slip ons ,PC3, K&N filter, migsel mount, R&G frame sliders, rox risers, renthal bars, fork brace,carbon fibre rear hugger, goodridge hoses..

Offline Quoman

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 07:09:29 »
I swear by them! the Hornets do well on them and so does my brother in laws vfr 800, brilliant tyre for longevity and stickyness
ARE YOU READY?
3RD JANUARY IS LOOMING, TIME TO BECOME COMPLIANT
http://www.ecuclinic.com

Offline trophyrider

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 17:38:09 »
Just fitted a pair to my Vee at Russ's tyres in Portsmouth. £172.50 ride in and ride out. Rode like I was on ice for the 30 odd miles back home but I am out for a blast in the morning so should be able to lean on them a bit more then. Watch this space for reports!
Ride free or die!

Offline trophyrider

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 19:35:39 »
So headed off to meet my brother this morning at Tot Hill services on the A34. Roads a little damp from overnight rain. Took it easy at first but really noticed the better feel and overall ride. Hit the M27 then the A34 and took the speed up to the legal max. Listening to some tunes on the iphone and realised that the services slip road was coming up a little fast, up the slip road, hard over on the left for the roundabout and hit the brakes for the services roundabout. COFFEE!!
After that all was hectic,cruising speed up by around 15 mph, much better feel and very confident leaning when required. Took a trip to George Whites in Swindon by the way.
Overall well recommended tyres in place of the wings. Will keep you all posted on how they wear etc.
Ride free or die!