Author Topic: Gutted  (Read 3473 times)

Offline jeyre60152

Gutted
« on: January 15, 2009, 17:32:18 »
Slight accident on the bike today. Back end went away from me as I was leaving a petrol station, I think it was on the metal grating that covers the drain at the entry and exit. I put my left foot down to steady the bike and it didn't work! The bike fell on my leg and I am now sat with a temporary plaster on waiting for an appointment at Trauma Clinic tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will just plaster it properly and that is it, worse case, operation to have it pinned!!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

As for the bike, really lucky. Left indicator, left hand guard and bar end and left side engine bars are gouged and scratched. Seems to be a small scuff on the fairing just above the engine guard so all in all, got off lite. Probably less than my excess and I have plenty of time to get it fixed. Will have to cancel my 600 mile service for a while though!!!!!!! lol

Offline vstromchips

Re: Gutted
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 17:56:33 »
that's real bad luck, but at least you're not too injured to be posting yourself. And also you'll miss the worst of the winter weather whilst your leg is mending.

Offline Neville

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 18:03:23 »
Bad luck - hope you mend quickly.

:limp:
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

http://www.rblr.co.uk
http://www.freewheelers.org.uk

Offline Catballou

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 18:27:06 »
oooh bugger  :-(
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 20:00:44 »
Bummer :( sorry to hear that pal, it's easy done.

I had to take my bike down to the dealers today to get some warranty work done, bloody hell the weather was shite..
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 20:23:02 »
Bad luck! :bawl:

The Trauma Unit at the JR looked after me very well when I broke my back last year, :limp:  hope you mend quickly!

This forum helped preserve my sanity   :crazy:  and kept me amused while I was laid up..

Andy, can I have my money now?
No bike at present.......

Offline Stumpy

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 20:44:40 »
Ouch ... nasty indeed.  As has been said though, at least you're not too badly beaten up, and sounds like the bike also got away lightly.

Here's to a speedy recovery.   :pray:
Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?

C code. C code run. Run code run…please!

Offline jeyre60152

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 21:39:05 »
thanks for the thoughts and comments.

Watch this space!

Offline steve1962

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 07:17:01 »
Bad luck there - can I ask which petrol station that was as  although I don't ride a v strom it's always bad to hear of a fellow biker going down .

Some cracking local roads , I 've nipped out a couple of times already this year .........

http://steve1962.smugmug.com/gallery/6995092_kpEhi

http://steve1962.smugmug.com/gallery/6885377_tYJm6

Hope to see you back on the bike as soon as possible , and if you fancy a ride out any time , I'd be up for it .......

I tend to stay on  the country roads ..........

Steve

Offline jeyre60152

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 13:01:26 »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the post and the thoughts.

The petrol station was the BP on Hailey Road in Witney, have to say at this point that I don't hold them responsible, so no backlash and no court cases please..... :grin:

Nice photos, very artistic!!!

I guess from the videos that you are fairly local to me? Being fairly new to the bike I know those roads in a car but not on the bike yet, and not for a while now!!!!!! :bawl:

Offline KLV-Rider

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 16:20:10 »
Gutted for you mate, hope all goes well with the leg and your bike is fixed up asap.

Offline steve1962

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 10:10:58 »
Quote from: "jeyre60152"
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the post and the thoughts.

The petrol station was the BP on Hailey Road in Witney, have to say at this point that I don't hold them responsible, so no backlash and no court cases please..... :grin:

Nice photos, very artistic!!!

I guess from the videos that you are fairly local to me? Being fairly new to the bike I know those roads in a car but not on the bike yet, and not for a while now!!!!!! :bawl:

I use that petrol station , and in the past have been caught out like you  [ not that one ] .
I live just north of Hailey , When you get back on the road get in touch and I'll show you some nice roads , I've ridden most of them , including those far from the beaten track .

See you on the road soon .

Steve