Author Topic: MTC power change ?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline JesterRich

• Bike: Veek 1000 2014
MTC power change ?
« on: December 10, 2015, 22:54:58 »
Been looking at MTC MOTORBIKE EXHAUSTS Suzuki DL1000 VSTROM 2014 CARBON OVAL CARBON OUTLET ROAD LEGAL. Can someone tell me if this would increase bhp and if so by what ?

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: MTC power change ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 06:35:40 »
Give MTC a nudge and see what they say. It looks like good kit
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:01:47 »
I don't think you get much gain with any slip on on a Veek, maybe one horse power at most if you leave the baffle in. But they do look better, sound better and are lighter. The main restriction in the exhaust is the front section.  You can gain up to ten bhp here but then you need a power commander to, all adds up.
I had a fuel exhaust can on mine but the bike ran worse, the cough, sputter and stall was worse but some folk here have no trouble with there's.  My bike is in at the moment for a new ecu and I've a remus waiting to go on. Buy for looks and price that suits not for power as unless your going to go the whole hog there's not much to gain. Good luck

Offline JesterRich

• Bike: Veek 1000 2014
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 13:53:53 »
Cheers for feedback have sent question to MTC . Not really interested in power just looks and sound, but when at the bike show was talking to insurance and they said that exhaust would rarely increase insurance cost if power was not dramatically increased, but they would need to know. :xmasgrin:

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 17:58:36 »
I've got an MTC on the S10, very nice bit of kit and Martin is a great bloke...

Power .. unless you spend time and money messing with it you probably won't notice any different .. if you are trying to turn it into a sports bike it won't happen in all honesty ... the slip on can might make her breath a bit easier so you might notice a slight difference in pick up .. plus it will sound lovely :)

Cheers
Josh
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline Yoyo

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 19:02:40 »
I've got a pair of MTC's on my 06 Vee and didn't notice any increase in power, noticed a huge drop in weight though! The running was a bit fluffy until I got it sorted with a Power Commander.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 22:59:45 »
The end can will help it rev a bit more freely, but the arrow colecter pipes and power comander make the most difference in gains, and as said it is around 100bhp,  the torque curve is improved a lot, from down low right through the rev range, but adds to the noise.

I'm running a k&n filter air box mods, and a fuel end can on arrow collecter pipes, with pc v, and an xtre,with a dyno calibrated fuel map, the difference in performance is very good, but it is a little noisy, I'm looking to fabricate a decibel reducing tip for the end can, as the one that comes with it is just too small a diameter to give what I want.

It is no sports bike, but is better out of the corners on modern rough roads, and they get down the straights rather well too.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 23:02:14 »
10bhp, not 100, auto correct tricked me, you can get an easy 95 bhp and over 70 ftlb of torque at the wheel, over a good spread, that does not sound much , but it feels strong.