Author Topic: New V Strom Product Notification  (Read 5226 times)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
New V Strom Product Notification
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:18:55 »
Hi all, I should have really started a new topic but I`m stupid  :GRR:

Anyway, my latest thingymajig for the `Strom is shown below.

I have managed to come up with some very nice (well, I guess I would say that anyway but I do sincerely love the stuff I make :crazy: ) frame protectors which, I think, are the best available anywhere.

Next item I am working on is a stainless adjustable bracket system for the screen MadStad but cheaper and much better quality.

Regards, watch out for the Pigs  :grin:

Mark

Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline robby

Re: New V Strom Product Notification
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:44:56 »
hi mark
how much for the frame protectors mate,can I come next friday morning?

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 13:38:08 »
Mate, take a look at

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2849&start=60 if the link isn`t right then go to `Club bespoke radiator and oil cooler covers` post.

at the bottom of page three - the price and other info  :grin:  is there.

don't know about next Thursday - can confirm later if I can be arsed  :grin:
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline Beerbelly

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 18:05:39 »
Thanks Mark, I've just fitted the heel guards and they are superb! another quality product.

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 21:20:27 »
Yeah, I am particularly pleased with my babies this time and I AM PLEASED YOU ARE PLEASED - TELL THE OTHER MEMBERS (whoops, sorry caps lock put on by mistake).

Best regards, going to start to bling up the beemer next I think

Mark

Offline joobyjoo

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 21:06:08 »
Quote from: "cymarceng"
Best regards, going to start to bling up the beemer next I think

Mark

Selfish Tw@ :shock:
TS50 ER>MT5>DT125 E>RS100>TZR125>RGV250>GSX600F>ZXR750 L1>Fazer600>ZZR600E7>ZXR750J1>GSX600F>DR650 RSE>K5 V-strom1000>Versys650>Tiger800XC>Versys650>Aprilia Pegaso>Versys650>BMW R1200GS>Versys650

Offline joobyjoo

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 21:07:18 »
:cry:  I want a new bash plate!  :cry:
TS50 ER>MT5>DT125 E>RS100>TZR125>RGV250>GSX600F>ZXR750 L1>Fazer600>ZZR600E7>ZXR750J1>GSX600F>DR650 RSE>K5 V-strom1000>Versys650>Tiger800XC>Versys650>Aprilia Pegaso>Versys650>BMW R1200GS>Versys650

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 10:05:55 »
OK OK, enough already. You send me what shitty bash plate you have on your bike at the moment and using the orginal mounting points as reference I will design a very sexy one.

Unless you don't have a shitty one fitted......... if so where can we get one?

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 16:24:09 »
Will there be one for the 650 at some point?..................You knew SOMEONE would ask! :grin:  :grin:

(I think I heard the scream from here!)
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 17:18:36 »
Hi mate and yes, one day, there will be one. I am actually getting some help in over the weeks because demand is outstripping supply - I must be several items behind now but they take so long to get from `idea` to a `loved baby` of mine. And I do love all my babies  :crazy:

One thing I have had to give up on though is the screen bracket - Suzuki, the cunning fiends, have some serious geometry on the mounting points - you cannot see it but its there. What it means that normal bending and forming cannot work due to relationship of the anchor holes and the angle of the holes on the securing bracket to the screen itself.

I could do it but it would take ages, during which I could get another 2 items done for sure. I do need to get on with the R1200GS though whilst still keeping the Strom ball in the air. The Strom 1000cc frame protectors are very horny - have you seen them?

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 18:14:24 »
The Strom 1000cc frame protectors are very horny - have you seen them?

Oi!! where's my Frame Protectors  ###  ###

lol  lol
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 19:20:34 »
Isn't the 650 V-Strom the only one available new nowadays? You'll probably be getting an increase in polite requests (you could interpret that as 'demands') for 650 bling.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 19:36:11 »
Andy, Rob (the knob) from Hull never made it so I could not try the 1000cc variants against his frame to see what I could do for you, sorry, but why don't you pull rank and order him to me?  :grin:

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 20:37:49 »
Andy, Rob (the knob) from Hull never made it so I could not try the 1000cc variants against his frame to see what I could do for you, sorry, but why don't you pull rank and order him to me?  :grin:

I am a mere Servant here, nothing more  :grin:

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Offline Jimmy nae so bright

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 16:45:26 »
One thing I have had to give up on though is the screen bracket

Ahhhh, shame... was getting excited about these. Both myself and a mate are after the madstad brackets but they damn expensive especially once you add shipping. If you do figure it out I can take at least two off your hands.
http://www.mainlyduesouth.com
2 Hillbillies, 2 Bikes, 22,000 Miles, 12 Weeks

Offline Tall-n-thin

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 16:16:42 »
Hi Cymarceng,

I'm getting a V-Strom 650 in January and I'm already salivating over your shiny, shiny stuff.
I might be a bit confused here (doesn't take much), but reading the posts above things moved from the frame protectors to the screen bracket and then mentioned differences between 650/1000 before my brain could catch up.

Could you put my little mind at rest and state whether the frame protectors are for the 650 or the 1000 (or is there no difference?)

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Steve.
DL650 Wee, MRA Vario tall screen, Oxford Hotgrips, Cymarc frame protectors, DL1000 seat (for that extra inch), Scottoiler, Cut Peashooter, mudguard Extenda, GPS mount made from idiot strip.

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 16:24:36 »
Yeah sorry to all about the MADSTAND brackets (damn their eyes, the geometry problems exceed the few I would sell but the biggest problem is the time).

Regarding the frame protectors I have no idea if they will fit the 650 strom - I`ll put a post on the forum asking if anyone knows if the frames are the same. otherwise I would have to design some but would need a donor bike for a while.

lets see what answer we get eh?

Offline Tall-n-thin

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 16:31:36 »
Thanks Cymarceng, that was an incredibly quick answer!

I'll keep a look out to see if anyone knows if the frames are the same. If they are, I'll have a pair!

Cheers,
Steve.
DL650 Wee, MRA Vario tall screen, Oxford Hotgrips, Cymarc frame protectors, DL1000 seat (for that extra inch), Scottoiler, Cut Peashooter, mudguard Extenda, GPS mount made from idiot strip.

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 16:54:00 »
Mark,

You could always just send me a set and I'll try them for size for you.. :grin:

Simples..

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 17:05:25 »
Ha, still never one to miss out on an opportunity! last time I sent you something I wasn`t too sure about I got a right slagging. by the way, how is the modified cover you git?  :grin: