Author Topic: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers  (Read 34731 times)

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
Re: Club bespoke radiator & oil cooler covers
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 21:28:34 »
Sven, many thanks for your comments especially about overheating. The edges on my covers have all been `hand finished` - bloody expensive to do but results in a lovely `curved` edge. My original CB1300 cover was sharp like yours which is why I remade one for myself and hand finished it resulting in the very nice `quality` feel. If you are ever passing and want me to `finish` your guards off I will do it free of charge so you can see what I mean.
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline WonkyDonkey

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 21:53:56 »
Count me in for a full set of 650 compatibles and an extra 650 radiator cover - bloody g/f has seen them and wants one.

WD
Whilst looking for the tree on the bend.... I hit a bloody pothole !!!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 22:27:40 »
OK thanks. I`ll give it to Monday and count up and based on that offer the best price I can.
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline Sparx

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 00:35:01 »
Hi, am very interested in a set for my 650GT if oil cooler one clears ABS pipes as per Svens comment, price seems OK,
good work
Rode fast - Too old to 'die young'!

Offline Tonycat

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 08:36:32 »
Hi, Count me in for a set.  As soon as you've sorted out price etc I'll pop up To Scunnie as I'm only an hour away and free most days!  :thumb:

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 08:45:47 »
FANTASTIC - keep an eye on developments (I should have a price by next week) and come over when you get a chance.

Regards, Mark.

Offline kafue

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 08:56:07 »
As mentioned previously if the price is right I would be interested in both covers for my DL650X. I ride out to Scunthorpe is on the cards ?

Offline jonH

• Bike: R1200GS LC
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 09:02:26 »
I'd be interested in a set to fit my 650, assuming we get a 650-compatible fitting
There is nothing in life that cannot be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

Offline TEX999

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 10:11:15 »
Hi there,

count me in too, might not can make it down to scunthorpe byt definately want a set,

let me know when you have a price. :neen:  tex

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 10:20:46 »
Thanks, hopefully the price will be available next week. Regards, Mark.

Offline waspometer

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 11:12:01 »
I would be interested in a set - am in Northern Ireland so guess ill have to fit them myself  :grin:
DL1000 Vstrom newbie, Fazer 1000, SV1000, GSX1100G, BSA B25SS (Failed restoration), RG500, GSXR750G, CX500Eurosport, CB250N superdream, GT185, TS100

Offline Spike

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 11:48:09 »
I am interested in the rad cover for my 650, only live across the water 20 mins away. :bike:

Offline robby

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 13:21:42 »
hi,if the price is right I'de like a set for my wee650x,and free fitting is a bonus as I'm only 1/2h ish away.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 13:43:51 »
Interesting to see the local members popping up  :grin:  Mark may be calling on you  :thumb:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 13:54:44 »
Yep, good to hear from local members - if you are willing to travel to me to help me develop stuff for your bikes I will try to make it worth your while with free bling, coffee and a look round - everyone seems to be impressed to see a quarter of a million pounds worth of german laser technology at full tilt (we do actually use it to do things other than bike parts  :grin: ).

By the way, the gear change enhancer looks like it fits the 650 variant!

Offline flyinscot

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 15:10:11 »
Hi All

I am the bloke who has been doing Marks testing for him and just to give it some provinance , I have some Rider qualifications as well as mechanical expertise.

I am an I.A.M trainer,Bike safe trainer,ROSPA (GOLD), Police Advanced class 1 on road and off road, Some city and guilds quals in construction and use as well as prohibition. I have over 20 years of riding experience on a vast array of machines from off road 125 up to Kawasaki 1400. I cover about 20k a year on a bike doing a huge mixture of rural and motorway and sometimes usually once per year somewhere on the continent.

I have tried both sets of the Rad and oil  covers covering two weeks of moderate to hard riding during our last heat wave and did not have any issue with overheating. I stuck in town for an hour on one of the days just to try and get it to overheat but once the fan kicked in it was fine. I am not using the covers with the bigger holes but haven't had a problem with either though if you feel there is an issue then go for the larger holes.

Not only do they offer fantastic protection that will never rust but they look great  and really make your machine stand out.

I have also tried the spacer after carrying out some research which I will share for the benefit of the forum. 20 Year Suzuki DEALER TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM HOWEVER AS A CHAIN (TYPE DEPENDENT IE STANDARD, O RING) with rigorous maintenance should last between 20-40k and at that time you should also change your sprockets ( sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs ). Suzuki class this as FAIR wear and Tear therefore  never bothered to try and rectify or fleet recall the machines. I personally had never noticed a problem and as this is the 3rd Suzuki I have owned, I  assumed that it was a characteristic.

However once the spacer was fitted you could have knocked me off the bike with a feather,I could not believe the difference, no more clunk ,even when you engage first gear on idle there is barely a sound. All changes much smother. Tried it on Motorway, rural roads and a little bit of off road ( only about 10 miles ) also tried  gear changes with and with out clutch still sweet as a nut. This will have the added effect of extending my chain and sprocket life as well as rear Tyre and also make the bike even more economical to run  ( albeit negligble ).

Hope  this helps

Offline hayesjames

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 16:58:01 »
I'm interested, but can we get some clarification on DL650 compatibility? For everything, rad/oil & gear change bracket. Great review flyinscot, tnks
Cheers, J

Offline svnik

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 18:25:06 »
I'm in, I have been looking for a set

Offline GrahamT

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 19:38:39 »
I am interested in the Rad cover if it fits a 650
What I still haven't seen is if the sprocket spacer is needed[ for the 650 as it is a very different engine. Is the misalignment only a DL1000 problem? I can't say my gear change is very clunky.
We used to have Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.
Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope.

Offline Gubnet

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 20:30:27 »
They look very good, I'll take a set for my 1000. Posted to N.I. :clap:
ps-Will also take a sprocket spacer.
We went so quick we went beyond

"Thinking outside the box means you won't get locked in"