Author Topic: (Insert name of Bike)  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Oldie

(Insert name of Bike)
« on: February 01, 2013, 21:39:06 »
Bored, so.....

Hi, just got my new (insert name of bike).

Wow, this is some machine – better than the reviews I read (and I read them all!). Can't believe how she handles, and that power!!! This bike has it all. To be honest, I don't know why people buy other bikes because my (insert name of bike) does it all. Great build quality, great value and looks fantastic. I got a tremendous deal too (my brother in law designs their brochures). Looking forward to many miles of sheer motorcycling bliss (smiley).

Just one question......

I noticed that the rear suspension is a bit soft (no adjustment....wtf) Anyone changed it over yet? What's the best one to go for? Should I swap over the front too? (looks a bit lame for the rough stuff). And the seat....wtf...is this thing real? Took the bike down to the shops and my arse was nippin' like billy-oh! I kid you not, this thing is hard (grimace). Having said that, I was more concerned about the headlight – couldn't see a thing! What bulbs are you blokes using? Maybe if I had a GPS fitted (what's best?) then I wouldn't need lights. But I do need decent tyres – these stock things are naff – how do you blokes live with them? TK's for me (never use anything else). Probably get the chain guard extender too (plus usual mudflap, shock tube, mudguard extenda etc etc.....just can't believe they don't come as standard (and don't mention the lack of centrestand...wtf...in this day and age!). Mind you, the windscreen's a joke too (headslap) Give me a break – who designed this piece of tat? What are you blokes using? Madstad, Givi, Palmer, Puig, Calsci, Skidmarx, Powerbronze, MRA, Woolworths...which one should I get? Do they work with the bar risers, cos I definitely need them. Do the 23.5mm risers need any cable mods? Why is that, why can't they just make them the proper height in the first place....wtf...? I'd be happy with the oem setup if the fuelling was spot on, but it's fricked! Does the Power Commander sort out that surging nonsense? How can they put this on the market when it's kangarooing down the High St like I've got a sleeping bleeding policeman stuck to my (inadequate) front bleeding tyre? It's worse because the pegs are way to high and the seat pushes your crown jewels into the tank – honestly, who test rides these piles of proverbial?

Anyway, loving the (insert name of bike) and plan on keeping it for years. Anyone modded theirs yet?
I can’t go back, I won’t go back
I’d love to go back but I mustn’t do that

Offline shedchief

Re: (Insert name of Bike)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 21:43:23 »
Oldie

Your work here is done.

;-)
Keith

Offline bat-kam

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 21:54:45 »
Just like me. Few more mods and I'll be there ;)
Suzuki all the way: '98 Bandit > '99 GSX600F > '09 V Strom DL650 > '09 SV650S > '10 V Strom DL650 > '04 GSX-R 600

Offline Sven

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 22:09:56 »
:clap:  lol  :clap:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bike: CRF1000 Africa Twin
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 22:32:31 »
lol  lol  lol  :neen:
I Go Down any Road There is, To see what's Around The Bend - Joe Bonamassa

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... 161e9.html

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:09:43 »
Brilliant.. I will duly copy and keep to save me typing it all out every 3 years..