Author Topic: NEW BIKE DAY  (Read 988 times)

Offline falkland bomber

• Bike: Kawasaki Versy's 1000 Grand Tourer
NEW BIKE DAY
« on: March 08, 2023, 11:28:17 »
Hi
Yesterday I collected my new bike, I had reported on here last year I was looking at the Triumph Rocket 3 after a lot of soul serching over the winter my head one over my heart as I have planned a number of big tours this year,

So what did I purchase ? I have purchased a Triumph Tiger Rally Pro 1200 I did my research I was not going to go for a new one as the depressiation was too great so started looking for a pre reg 22 plate or newer I set my budget at £17K then went on the hunt,

I was looking for an explorer at first but could not find one that I liked then one day trawling through Autotrader I discovered this gem.

She came in from Triumph directly registered on a 72 plate with only 6 miles , yes 6 miles with full luggage the only fly in the ointment was she was for sale at Destination Triumph in Christchurch Dorset, some 280 miles from my home in Accrington.

Not being detered I bought her for £16900 below budget the only extra I added was the heated seats more about this later on.

So me and Mrs FB set off on Monday to Dorset with some dread as the weather forecast was not great for this week we arrived in the afternoon met up with Mike at the dealers he is a great bloke made everything very easy big thumbs up to him and the team in Christchurch.

We stayed over that night at a near by Premier Inn to awaken next morning to rain and temperatures just above freezing not ideal day to collect your new bike but weather forecast for once was correct as it said the rain was moving south and cleared up by the time I hit the A34 heading to Oxford.

The heated seats well what can I say I had them on the whole way home the best extra I have ever purchashed so warm I had to turn them down with the heated grips toasty all the way home,

We left at 10.00 hrs heading for the M27 /M3 and junction 9 at Winchester to take us to the M40 then headed north to Warwick services some 130 miles for a brew Mrs FB caught up with the picnic so we had some lunch .

The bike is great so comfortable very nimble she has 5 rider modes I had her set for wet and then changed to rode at the services she also has quick shifter gears again no issues never had this on a bike before made riding so relaxed the suspension is excellent rode every bump without feeling a thing .

At the services I checked the Triumph a;pp on my phone (another reverlation and so easy) she was already doing over 50 MPG I had a range left of 65 miles not enough to get us to our next stop at Stafford North services so filled her up.

At Stafford another brew the MPG was getting better and better now approaching nearly 60mpg by the time I got her home I could have easly done over 250 miles she has a 20Lt tank.

On the M5 around Birmingham the sun came out so after the morning rain and having the ice warnings flashing at me all morning the last leg was a breeze .

280 miles 6 hours no problem arrived as fresh as I started the day this is looking good for the iron arse in June realy pleased with her now she needs a good clean no longer looking as shiny as she did in the morning big hats off to Destination Triumph if they are local for you go along and have a test ride you won't regret it.

So some photos attached I have also attached a photo I took of a speed master with white walled tyres be interested to know what you think of these as Mrs FB is picking her speed master up on her birthday on the 1st April.

Old Bald Soldier

Offline falkland bomber

Re: NEW BIKE DAY
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 11:31:57 »
for some reason would not allow all the photos so hopefuly this works

Old Bald Soldier

Offline falkland bomber

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 11:34:52 »
Mrs Fb bike
Old Bald Soldier

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 12:45:23 »
With those two very nice bikes in the garage I think you will be spending a lot of time in there, cleaning.  :thumb:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline Asmith61

• Bike: DL1000 K7, 2011 B-King 1300 , 1999 Triumph 1200 Trophy 2023 Harley Nightster 975
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 17:02:25 »
You both have lovely bikes there enjoy & ride safe   :thumb:

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 17:03:07 »
Nice Tiger and I shall no doubt see you over on the tiger 1200 forum as well as here. I hope that you get on OK with it, I tried one and found the vibrations through the bars to be horrendous and yet other people have no issue with them whatsoever? It seems very subjective and I don't think it's individual bikes, just some people notice them and some don't, very odd ? Let us know how you find it once you've got the run in complete  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 18:22:58 »
Enjoy ..!! Lovely bikes , I prefer your wifes triumph personally , its a pretty machine.

One thing I can't get over though... 17k for the Tiger ... :shock:

That's an awful lot of dosh for a motorcycle :dl_hyperhysteria:

And then there's triumphs extortionate servicing cost .....

I'll shut up ...   lol
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline endintears

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 19:38:58 »
Looking good (would look even better without the beak :stirpot: ) yes enjoy FB enjoy.

Offline falkland bomber

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 22:38:29 »
Well one reason why I bought a pre Reg saved over £2K not noticed any vibes on the way home thought how smooth she is and very agile ate the miles .
Old Bald Soldier

Offline 2112

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 06:51:23 »
Grand stuff  :thumb: The newer model is noticeably lighter then the Gen 3 I have, it feels half the weight! They are a bit more agile down a country lane too, although probably not today with all the snow we have here...

Offline falkland bomber

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 11:54:36 »
Yes it's snowing here but not settling had some real luck on Tuesday with the weather but I will say buying the heated seats was one of my better decisions what a joy warm bum all the way home didn't feel the cold at all its one of those things I would have dismissed before but not now.
Old Bald Soldier

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2023, 12:11:24 »
For such a big bike, they do handle and ride very well I feel.

Nice looking thing. It was my first introduction to a heated seat whilst riding one, what a marvellous invention!
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2023, 13:36:38 »
Fueling is a bit wonky though Josh lol

Nice bit of kit, enjoy the new toy.

Ride Coordinator

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2023, 14:09:07 »
Fueling is a bit wonky though Josh

No comment there  :shock: The cruise control is good though  :whistle:
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2023, 17:49:02 »
The stromburger had a heated seat and it was a great Donkey-et. 
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline 2112

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 21:03:07 »
Love that filter  lol

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2023, 22:20:51 »
asset, like a baby donkey.