Author Topic: New for the V strom DL1000 2014- DELKEVIC Decat  (Read 16063 times)

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
New for the V strom DL1000 2014- DELKEVIC Decat
« on: December 09, 2017, 19:29:14 »
I returned from Spain on my Bike after 3 weeks tour early October on a Thursday.
The following Monday I rode and deposited my Bike at the home of DELKEVIC Exhausts  near Stoke On Trent where my bike was entrusted to them to fabricate and make a decat system for the Veek. (DL1000)  It was returned to me a few days ago, having been with them for about 8 weeks.  I had no issues with this and I was kept well informed all along the process.

Either way I now have the first V Strom 1000 with a Decat system from delkevic along with a rather nice 320mm Tri Oval end can.  The cat is ditched.  The dyno readings are rather nice, better Torque up by about 15% and similar BHP readings.  It looks fantastic, sounds great.  Wanted to give it a run this weekend but dire weather has stopped me, will post some images up.

The only competition they have is from Arrow.  A few on this site  have the Arrow system  and I was going for this until I lent my Bike to Delkevic.   What I do know is the Arrow decat pipe  alone is around £340.  I am not sure what Delkevic will be charging, but I am certain it is far less than this price, and makes it a truly viable addition.  Watch this space for more information. 
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: New for the V strom DL1000 2014- DELKEVIC Decat
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 19:41:33 »
Have they put a power commander on and set it up?

Offline Paz324

• Bike: CB1000RAJ
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 20:12:26 »
Quote removed

Knowing Delkevic no they haven't, they try to argue that they setup their systems on a dyno but seeing as DK motorcycles in stoke don't even own a dyno I find it hard to believe do they much R&D apart from copy Motad/OE exhaust systems..

Offline trotts

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 20:21:12 »
My Bike went in with a PCFC already on it.  :)

They had it so long, not only for the fabricating of the decat pipe, and then the making of it from the factory in stainless,  but of course all the dyno runs.  I supplied it to them with a stock can; and I am aware they did countless dyno runs  in many different combinations. But in simple terms 'yes' you will need a Power commander Dynojet (Fuel controller or V).  Delkevic are  a Dynojet  approved centre and I have little doubt, as and when 'marketed', there will be an attractive package, but wait and see :grin:.  I will post up some links on 'You tube soon when you can see my Veek on the dyno runs ! 

I recall speaking with you here a while back about your Bike.
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline trotts

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 20:22:26 »
Knowing Delkevic no they haven't

Think they are, they are approved Dynojet centre.  I also spoke with Dynojet HO in Preston.  I also have the dynojet maps.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 20:28:05 »
   Sounds a good system mate, getting rid of the cat and exhaust valve makes a good difference.
I am back with the stock end can but decat exhaust, running a pc, power at the top has dropped from a straight through can, but it still has the bottom end and mid range gains that I gained on the full conversion.
   I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and results.

Offline Paz324

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 21:26:57 »
Think they are, they are approved Dynojet centre.

They must be doing the work off site then because they don't even advertise the service on their website, and Dynojet have dealers listed which aren't even in business anymore so I'd take that list with a pinch of salt..

Offline trotts

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 19:39:00 »
Well, hoping to get beast out until a foot of snow fell here, looks like have to wait a bit longer. :groan:

My Bike has been sorned over the winter I normally get bike back on road about this time.  Still cannot comment on how it rides, but it looks great and sounds great .  I will report back in a few weeks for sure

Offline SuzukiSte

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 21:24:03 »
Looks great :thumb: :text-goodpost:

Offline philthunder

• Bike: Strom 1000 2017
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 22:49:23 »
They had it so long,

They need it that long to have the bits fabricated from China !
What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare, and rev the nuts off the beast.

Online kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 19:26:26 »
For my pennies worth , after much grovelling negotiation delkavic supplied me with one of their first ever decat downpipes for my Honda CB500f  (I already had their link pipe and silencer) and I'm well impressed.
No power commander needed and I've noticed a little more power over most of the rev range with the added bonus of weight loss of around 6kg and some nice noise. 
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline ZipcodeUK

• Bike: DL1000 L5, TL1000R
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 22:53:52 »
not delkevic, but I'm running arrow headers, powercommmader and o2 sensor removal plugs and all I can say is the DL1000 vstrom comes alive!! The entire rev range now works..... before it felt like anything from 6.5k rev just made more vibration and noise but no more power. Now it pulls happily to the limiter and the pull is there the whole way through.  I love this damn bike even more now!

Offline trotts

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 21:31:22 »
Bike back on the road after ‘winter’ break since April and put on a 1000 miles with a few decent trips.  Good chance to test out the new system.

No issue of note.  The bike certainly runs far better than before and the mid range is  just great now.  The spot between 3 - 6K revs through the gears is remarkably improved and the Dyno chart speaks volumes.

I was again lucky in that Dynojet UK (nr Preston)  wanted my Bike and they mapped it for me so they can have the ‘map’ saved  on their data base.  I made a weekend of the 450 mile round trip.   Not only has performance improved  but MPG is now perhaps 10% better from the low 50’s MPG up to around 60.  I run with a Power commander Fuel controller.  I do think this or a PC V is a must to get the fuelling right. (same if you go down the Arrow route)

I believe that in the next few weeks you will see this on the Delkavic web site (not yet on) as of 19/7 but they have by all accounts been upgrading the Web site.   It will be interesting to see what it retails at.  I understand they will also provide a ‘’Servo buddy’ as part of the package that is needed to prevent Fi light coming on. 

The dyno chart is as it is now.  The red line is how it came back to me and the Blue line what Dynojet achieved. You will see the A/F is spot on and a great Torque curve. 

Offline trotts

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 21:36:29 »
They need it that long to have the bits fabricated from China !

True, but my Apple I phone is made in China, as almost everything else these days! The global world a  :shrug:

Offline wurzel

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 00:53:04 »
Respectable gains there over a stock system, and yes, a servo buddy is the way to keep the fi  light from coming on, as well as the correct 02 sensor blanking plugs.

Offline trotts

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 21:09:57 »
Update.  At last it seems that delkavic have got act together and are now advertising the Decat pipe and a choice of end cans for the V strom 1000 2014-2018.

You will see the price varies depending on which end pipe you select, but the price has surprised me, they are far cheaper than I thought they would retail at.  If you follow the links you can see my actual Bike on a rolling road  when they were setting it all up at the end of last year.  being run up with different end cans on same.

I was led to believe, and this will need clarifying with delkavic, that they were also going to supply a Servo Buddy, that is needed, to prevent the F.I light from coming on.  I am aware that normally this Gizmo is about £40:00 and you can find them advertised on flea bay. 

I have done around 2000 miles on mine this summer (another 3,000 planned next month around Switzerland and Italy ye ha  :lala:)

Every where I have been other Bikers have commented on how nice my V strom sounds. That is with the baffle in and to be honest to remove it would make it no longer a decent tourer. The drone would be too much for my ancient ears to bear even with plugs.

The performance (as I eluded to on an earlier post in the thread) is far sharper. crispness of the throttle and extra performance where it counts, and even better MPG.  High 50’s not an issue, and getting on for 200 miles for fill ups.

I am lucky in that mine was ‘free’ as the test bike.  I feel that if you want a decent upgrade to enjoy your bike this is worth a look. 

you will also note from an earlier post in this thread I run with a Power Commander fuel controller so I know it is perfect in regards to fuelling that is demonstrated by the dyno chart  also posted.

I have always had these with my bikes (Power commander of PCFC) as aware they really get fuelling right, an always successfully sold when bike eventually moves on.

worthy of a look if your considering a new end can and want to go a bit further !

https://delkevic.co.uk/s/Suzuki/DL1000%20V%20STROM%20/2018

Offline wurzel

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 02:05:10 »
Those are very good prices.

Offline porter

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 16:36:26 »
Can you buy the header pipes on their own? I already have a remus end can and like to use the oe while touring, will they fit.

Offline Paz324

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 16:58:35 »
If I were you I'd contact Delvekic and ask them directly, I'd be surprised if they refused to sell the decat pipe without a silencer but I doubt its possible through the website at the moment as there's no listing for it.

You'll find their contact information and a webform for emailing them here

Offline Relevant11

• Bike: Dl1000L4. KTM XCF 350, Royal Enfield interceptor 650( yes they are as good as they say)
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 20:11:45 »
It’s almost too good to be true at that price, The whole set up for the price of an aftermarket end can ! For those who have gone down this route am I right in thinking you’ll need two O2 sensor blanking plugs a servo buddy, a power commander of either type and a dyno session to
make it sing. Anything I’ve missed ?