Author Topic: Cymarc Engineering - Mark Hooton  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Garry61

Cymarc Engineering - Mark Hooton
« on: August 11, 2015, 13:30:17 »
I bought the new DL1000AL4 just over a year ago and have taken time to get used to it and enjoy it.
recently I made contact with Mark Hooton about lower the foot rests to aid my riding position and prevent hip lock up due to old joints.
the kits on offer needed tailoring to suit the new model. Mark invited me to visit (which I did yesterday)and whilst there he custom fitted new foot rests plates etc.. and we had a great time discussing all aspects of life and the bikes. His knowledge and manner is a joy to behold
During this I asked about and he then fitted from stock the Gear change enhanser plate on the basis that if I was satisfied it stayed on and if not then nothing lost. I would not have believed the difference unless I had tried it myself. the klunky change up from first to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd is much less pronounced.
so my message is Mark is a real good bloke with good products at a very good price.
I will certainly be keeping in touch and buying more parts.  
did have fun getting rear wheel out but having looked at manual realise removal of the brake caliper is a must. Once I work out how to put up some photos - I will do so

Offline NomadicBootneck

• www.RMA-Riders.uk
  • Bike: DL1000A V-Strom
Re: Cymarc Engineering - Mark Hooton
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 16:57:41 »
I emailed Mark to inquire about this bit of kit for my new '15 bike and he said it's not required but gear changes are very clunky and noisy or it could just be me not used to a chain driven bike yet but it certainly does make some clunking noises when engaging 1st and changing up to 2nd and 3rd, oil levels are fine as is chain tension so was wondering if this could cure my gear changing mechanical concerto??  :shrug:

Any advice on this or any other issues with the new model??   :fix:

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 18:32:09 »
Some owners here report similar problems:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-201 ... ssion.html

but I've not had these sort of problems, and won't mention the toilet GS and its gearbox.

Offline NomadicBootneck

• www.RMA-Riders.uk
  • Bike: DL1000A V-Strom
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 23:17:31 »
Enlightening and interesting and worth pursuing but I doubt I'll lose any sleep over it, thanks for that  :ty:

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 12:00:44 »
Ah, fella I apologise as at the time I thought that the new model AL4 didn't need the enhancer but after actually testing one the other day it seems that the new model does benefit from having it fitted.

Very sorry for giving the wrong information. If you now want one I know a loon who can make it for you...............

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Site Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 12:02:35 »
Quote from: "Oop North John"
Some owners here report similar problems:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-201 ... ssion.html

but I've not had these sort of problems, and won't mention the toilet GS and its gearbox.

Funny man  :grin: