Author Topic: Hi Vis Vests  (Read 9161 times)

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Hi Vis Vests
« on: February 04, 2009, 12:40:21 »
£7.11 Delivered[attachment=0:2doiz0z9]hivis.jpg[/attachment:2doiz0z9]
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Catballou

Re: Hi Vis Vests
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:51:15 »
NIce  :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline KLV-Rider

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 15:11:26 »
Looks good, will be ordering mine soon.... :thumb:

Offline Tanzy

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 15:55:10 »
Where do I send the cheque?

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 16:35:36 »
Quote from: "Tanzy"
Where do I send the cheque?

Go here http://www.hivis.net/

Select the product and size you want from the 'Hi Vis' drop down menu and click 'Add to Basket'

Then 'View Basket'

In there you will see the item you have ordered, click the 'Print on these' button

Next page click 'Proceed'

Click 'Nothing on the front' (Unless you want a log there too?)

Click 'Text only'

In the text box type 'V-Strom.co.uk logo already supplied'

Easy  :thumb:

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Offline Neville

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 17:32:15 »
Quote from: "Andy V-Strom"
£7.11 Delivered[attachment=0:e7hfqv0f]hivis.jpg[/attachment:e7hfqv0f]

Is it zipped at the front?

:shrug:
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

http://www.rblr.co.uk
http://www.freewheelers.org.uk

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 17:34:04 »
Quote from: "Neville"
Quote from: "Andy V-Strom"
£7.11 Delivered[attachment=0:13vey3ug]hivis.jpg[/attachment:13vey3ug]

Is it zipped at the front?

:shrug:

No, the £7 one is a cheapie with Velcro, there are others on the site which do have zips.

Offline pad

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 19:10:30 »
Mine arrived as well.  Good value :thumb:

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 21:17:19 »
Ordered mine yesterday with logo front and back in red, about £12.50 delivered....... :thumb:
No bike at present.......

Offline Catballou

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 22:48:07 »
Quote from: "Piglumps"
Ordered mine yesterday with logo front and back in red, about £12.50 delivered....... :thumb:

don't forget the piccies of you modelling it  :grin:   and no cheating by getting the Mrs to model it  :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 20:03:02 »
Quote from: "Catballou"
Quote from: "Piglumps"

don't forget the piccies of you modelling it  :grin:   and no cheating by getting the Mrs to model it  :grin:

I think if I get 'erself to model it you won't see her at all! :wtf: Me: 6'2", SWMBO 5'2". She might think I've bought a dayglo tent!
 lol
No bike at present.......

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 00:44:33 »
I looked at the hiviz web site and like the look of their stuff.  Has anyone tried the jackets over a bike jacket I.e. spine pad, armoured elbows etc... and how did it fit?   I guess I'm looking for something along the line of what the UK motorcycle police wear, they really stand out and look really weather proof, but probably pretty expensive.  I've tried the safety places over here but the closest they have is basically a bright yellow string vest!
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters

Offline MR TiGGer

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 18:11:49 »
Quote from: "Irategit"
I looked at the hiviz web site and like the look of their stuff.  Has anyone tried the jackets over a bike jacket I.e. spine pad, armoured elbows etc... and how did it fit?   I guess I'm looking for something along the line of what the UK motorcycle police wear, they really stand out and look really weather proof, but probably pretty expensive.  I've tried the safety places over here but the closest they have is basically a bright yellow string vest!
Let me answer you prayers lol

Seriously though you can buy official Police Wear, I myself have two of the linked items and they are totally amazing at the desired effect. I bought mine cos the wife passed her CBT and is on a tiny CG125 so I ride behind with the white lid and the police jacket and the road becomes a very different place indeed.
EG: People decide that 200mtrs between them and me in front is the minimum safe distance, no one ever EVER overtakes me even though I might be following Suzie at 35mph on a striaght a road, everyone thinks that 50MPH on a long dual carridgeway is also the perfect speed, no one EVER beeps their horn if Suzie stalls the CG at a roundabout.
And if I happened to be traveling at my 'normal' speed then sportsbike riders in power ranger suits sh#t themselves when the eventually look in the mirrors.

As UKDucky pointed me in the right direction, she takes the credit :ty:

Most importantly it's water and very windproof and very comforting on a Motorway in crappy conditions, or any road in crappy conditions come to think of it. It's oversized and a 46 jacket fits over both of my 48" leather jackets, enjoy :thumb:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Obsolete-Ex-Polic ... 911.c0.m14
Grrrr:-)

Previously: K7 DL650GT [Stolen by wife] K6 DL1000GT, CBR600F-V, DT-125, ER50

Offline bill2828

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 19:27:28 »
Quote from: "MR TiGGer"
Let me answer you prayers lol

Seriously though you can buy official Police Wear, I myself have two of the linked items and they are totally amazing at the desired effect. I bought mine cos the wife passed her CBT and is on a tiny CG125 so I ride behind with the white lid and the police jacket and the road becomes a very different place indeed.
EG: People decide that 200mtrs between them and me in front is the minimum safe distance, no one ever EVER overtakes me even though I might be following Suzie at 35mph on a striaght a road, everyone thinks that 50MPH on a long dual carridgeway is also the perfect speed, no one EVER beeps their horn if Suzie stalls the CG at a roundabout.
And if I happened to be traveling at my 'normal' speed then sportsbike riders in power ranger suits sh#t themselves when the eventually look in the mirrors.
My thanks to you, MR TiGGer (and to UKDucky), for pointing at the jackets.

I wear a hi-vis vest over a black textile jacket, and ride an all black Wee. I experience the same behaviour you mention, such as Audi drivers braking sharply when they come within 200 yards from any direction. Brilliant!

I wagged my finger  :tut:  at someone in a Micra who cut me up at a roundabount recently, and I swear they peed their pants.    lol

I was wondering what to replace the hi-vis vest with once it's done, and now I know. Excellent!    :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:
Do unto others ...

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 03:54:51 »
Many thanks for that link, I'm about to check it out. After this "summer" :GRR: I think I need to invest in something water resistant and visible that will last.
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters

Offline MR TiGGer

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 08:01:08 »
To be totally honest I think anyone who commutes should have one as a matter of course, it's lethal out there at the busy ends of the day for anyone not wrapped in a ton of metal and plastic :limp:

I only wear mine on the Motorway, after dark and when it rains .......... every time I go out then :rain:  ###

Offline GrahamT

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 19:31:08 »
This has really got me interested as I am in the market for a hi vis commuting jacket. I did a search on the interwebs as I can't see fleabay at work and found this : http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk ... cr116.html
Any of you good people tried them? any good? A bit cheaper too.
We used to have Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.
Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope.

Offline MR TiGGer

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 19:44:20 »
Quote from: "GrahamT"
This has really got me interested as I am in the market for a hi vis commuting jacket. I did a search on the interwebs as I can't see fleabay at work and found this : http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk ... cr116.html
Any of you good people tried them? any good? A bit cheaper too.
Did you read the disclaimer??
Shipped as per style and model available at time of ordering - may vary from image!!
So it could be black and short sleeved and that hood better be removable lol

And I forgot to mention I offered £18 on the "Best Offer" button and it was accepted :thumb:

Offline GrahamT

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 21:12:55 »
Quote from: "MR TiGGer"
And I forgot to mention I offered £18 on the "Best Offer" button and it was accepted :thumb:
That's worth knowing. :thumb:
[edit] and it worked! Thanks Mr Tigger.
We used to have Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.
Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope.

Offline scep

• Bike: Ex-DL650 K7T
Wicking tops / One Stop Cop Shop
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 08:37:31 »
Slightly OT but MR TiGGer reminded me of these folk (One Stop Cop Shop) on eBay.  They also do wicking Scotchguard Shirts that I find ideal for the first layer (e.g. http://tinyurl.com/kkepeq, they do all sizes BTW).  I take a few  when I tour, I smell so much better now :wink: .

As for "Best offer" with this firm - the shirts are advertised for £9.98, I offered £5 and got them, so might be worth a punt at 50% for all their stuff?
Keep an open mind. But not so open that your brains fall out.