Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Accessories and After Market items

Looking for Dash Cam Recommendations.

(1/6) > >>

NeilM:
I am just renewing my bike insurance and noticed that there is a specific mention in the documents of dash cam footage, in this case having footage protects my excess.

I have been looking at cameras for a while, but this really is the prompt to do something, so, any recommendations? Preferably that don't cost a small fortune, I just want five minute loops front and back.

radu:
hi, I have a Gopro 7 on my bike. The casing is fitted so I only have to remove the camera from it's skeleton frame when not in use. The battery lasts about 45 minutes, but it can be used while plugged in to a battery pack or a 12v socket so you can use it for hours. There are other options with wired in front and back camera, but I have my Gopro for a while now and I use it as well when I'm going in holidays as well.
When my gopro brakes or gives up, I might consider a wired in front and back option.   

Brockett:
I have never heard of that.... who is the insurance company?

Phild:
I’ve been looking at the Innovv K6 (front and rear cameras) as it gets good reviews.

Easy to fit. I’d just plug the system into the USB socket for power.

£249 delivered, plus what ever it costs for a 256 micro SD card from Amazon or alike.

I’ve got a dashcam in the car, had one in my van, so I’m thinking why not on my bike? 🤔

NeilM:
Brockett, I'm insured with BeMoto.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version