Author Topic: BBC warned the content may be upsetting.  (Read 8456 times)

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: BBC warned the content may be upsetting.
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2018, 12:23:23 »
Make them build the prisons! No pay, but they get trained in useful skills (bricklaying, drains, plastering, decorating - even locksmithing (er, maybe not that...) so getting rehabilitated to become future useful citizens as well !
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Hugo Magnus

• Ride Coordinator
  • Bike: DL650A L3, DR-Z400s Multistrada 1260ST
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2018, 12:47:57 »
...or chain gangs. Make the bastards work for their bread and water.
The interruptions ARE the journey  (Ted Simon)

Ride Coordinator

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2018, 16:45:58 »
Re-open the coal mines, drop them in,make them produce to get fed.

Offline Holmsey

• Bike: DL650 L9
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 21:07:05 »
Nice idea people but there are too many Snowflake Lefties to ever let that happen ...... 2 years and 136 days until I stop giving a shite
Life on two wheels is better than 4 because the wife don't go on two wheels                " I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2018, 21:15:43 »
Maybe is It's people like this twat that make police not care. I mean come on ... How has this "jaba the hut" got a job . ?
I may post this in the bad jokes section also .????
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2018, 22:05:46 »
That woman gets everything wrong.
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2018, 22:09:37 »
We should punish the little shits by making them own "the Nail" for a fortnight
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2018, 22:33:28 »
MartinW, I'm all for just punishment but that is just cruel.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2018, 22:43:00 »
"Dear Ms. Abbot,
We already have tpac type tactics for 4 wheeled criminals. That must be legal. Why not extend it to 2 wheelers, and, if they become a problem, unicyclists and rollerskaters?"

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2018, 05:48:30 »
Think about your last post Rusty, how the hell do you expect poor Diane to understand a sentence containing words and numbers... :violence-smack:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2018, 06:48:29 »
Tpac is a bit more controlled and gentle. No, I much prefer the battering ram approach.  Visually more gratifying.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2018, 09:19:11 »
Don't get me started on those bloody unicyclists  ### Never wear High-viz, just red noses, and clown shoes. The worst ones are the filterers who do it while juggling ffs

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2018, 09:14:11 »
I'm torn on this one. All in favour of running over thieving scrotes, but I know West Yorkshire plod just aren't clever enough to tell the difference between a stolen scooter and their own mates on hi-vizzed BMW's with blue lights. The rest of us in between are at risk. It'll be the yokel here or in South Yorks that kill a paramedic or blood biker and get the tactic banned. See how it goes and hope the Met contain it though IMHO.

Andy

Offline Freddyfruitbat

• Bike: BMW R1200RS
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2018, 10:43:23 »
Two things - first, presumably this tactic isn't simply going to be rolled out country-wide so that every copper behind the wheel of a car will be shunting every dodgy-looking rider off his bike. It's only going to be specifically highly-trained drivers, in areas where this sort of moped is rife, like London.   Secondly, it's not even a solution for "all" bike-related crime - it's to stop particular hoodlums who are refusing to stop when told to and are obviously trying to outrun the police. There's an easy solution available if they don't want to be tipped off, no?
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2->R1200RS

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2018, 11:02:56 »
specifically highly-trained drivers

This is the sort of phrase that worries me :icon_wink:  We've had officers 'highly-trained' in all manner of interventions, weapons, high speed pursuit (or whatever its called) tasers etc, and I'm sure they are - but errors still occur, bad choices are made. This is not blaming the police, just human nature and the nature of the situation. We shouldn't deny that there is risk involved, just assess those risks honestly and upfront :shrug: 

Anyway, something had to be tried, the policy is in place and appears to be working :happydance:, lets hope nee bugger gets hurt who shouldn't be, police officers are protected, and the criminals are dealt with by the legal processes.

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2018, 11:20:59 »
I hear that the Met have added some basic upgrades to their vehicles to deal with the odd Moped collision. Ealy testing has been encouraging.

*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2018, 11:29:07 »
 lol Officer M. Max!

Work Experience Stasi

Offline StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2018, 16:20:50 »
This is the sort of phrase that worries me

Agree absolutely. It was presumably "highly trained" police officers that shot dead Jean Charles de Menezes...
While looking 'tough on crime' is great tub-thumping for the masses, the reality is far more nuanced.
And that's not to trying to condone little darlings twocking one's moped...

Offline hookie

• Bike: DL1000 K8, '85 Honda XBR500 race bike, '86 XBR road bike, '51 Sunbeam S8
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2018, 17:34:24 »
"Highly trained" officers?? I was told by a plod at our local office (now effectively closed due to cuts) that police drivers have "faster reactions" than normal drivers when I made a complaint about the outrageous driving I and other members of the public witnessed one evening. When I asked to speak with the officer in charge at the station they hung up on me. I worked with the wife of an officer based at the station in question and the next day she told me in no uncertain terms not to chase it or I would end up getting harassed. This really reinforced my negative view of the police force in general.

Offline sharealike

• Site Donator
  • Bike: DL650, SV1000, Triumph Street Twin, Yam XT350 and Hon CX500
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2018, 13:18:42 »
Been through this mill twice but in different directions.

Few years back the wife was robbed outside our hotel in Paris. Two lads mounted footpath on a stolen scooter. Grabbed her shoulder bag which pulled her over and dragged her down the pavement until she had no option but to let go. Not nice. I was about 100 yards along the footpath in the direction they were traveling. My kids stepping out of the car, me standing in the gap between hotel wall and car. Trees and other parked cars meant they had no option but to come past me. Split second decisions required so was simply hoping to grab the bag back but it was switched to the other side of the riders as soon as they realised I was stepping over to challenge them. All I managed was to land the rider a heavy blow the chest and a knee into his hip which knocked them off course in the opposite direction to my kids and car. After glancing off the hotel wall and just staying on the scooter they were able to ride off just slightly faster than I could run so got away. Lad on the back holding the bag over the number plate. They were well practiced.

French police were fantastic. The hotel had cameras and the police said I was lucky to have not knocked them off as they would probably have knives or worse. And If they didn't I might have been facing a charge for knocking them off. The four of us treated like VIP guests in the most amazing police station and given a full report they knew I would need to sort the insurance once home.

About a year later my sons bike was nicked from his mates drive. The local community officer came next day and took a statement (well details of the incident). Six weeks later the local police station rang to say they had caught the thief and asked if we could go in to give further details. Turns out they had caught him with the bike as he was coming out of a shop he was trying to rob and jumped on the stolen bike to escape. He was a known crook and had a string of previous attempts at prosecution but they never managed to put him away. Including nicking the chief inspectors wifes soft top from outside the police station. Not sure they should have told us that lot but... Turns out the details collected by community officers is not any use in court so they were hoping to take the thief back in with more concrete evidence and statement from us.

I asked the officer where the bike was and when they arrested him - it had all happened six weeks earlier. The bike had been at the recovery yard six weeks but no one bothered to tell us. And it was only that they were doing their best to make a strong case against the thief that they had even bothered to make contact with us. Assumed we would have claimed on the insurance and been happy.

Now to the point - which I do most of the time. The lads bike is marked as stolen on the police systems. We kept daring each other to go out for a ride on it and see if we were challenged by a "highly trained" officer. Thankfully we live in a nice quiet rural area so fairly safe. And we are nice quiet rural people. Lets hope the lad who bought it is as lucky.
Please contact me directly about clutch basket modifications. john@vibefreev.com
Website http://www.vibefreev.com/