Author Topic: The Quotes Museum  (Read 76098 times)

Offline loggamatt

Re: The Quotes Museum
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 22:18:25 »
Can't believe that out of all the witty, insightful and eloquent comments I've made in my short time on the forum, I make it into the quotes museum on the strength of getting things twisted painfully in my trousers (now that's a better quote)...

It bloody hurt!!  :bawl:   lol

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2012, 23:37:50 »
You're right! There are insightful and witty statements posted - and I do have a tendency towards innuendo, trivia and the double-entendre which I MUST curb . (Oooh Nurse!) No, seriously, I try to mix em up...if anybody else spots a humdinger please post up as well - I might be out back hammering together some new museum shelves, or labelling up using the Brother portable. Just bear in mind we don't want a museum full of the ordinary stuff. Not if we want the coach-parties and school block-bookings. that's where the money is. :auto-dirtbike:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline loggamatt

The Quotes Museum
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 23:42:06 »
Only joking Gassoon... It was pretty funny reading back........ Now that the agony has subsided!!!! :)

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2012, 23:44:36 »
This to me sums up a common dilemma of biking:

Brockett48:

"KTM seats are made for skinny boys to ride on for up to 30 minutes at a time.
Although when I win the lottery I will get myself a 690."

:clap:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2012, 23:56:53 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
(Oooh Nurse!)
Ummm... I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, Gassoon, but I think that getting the quote right might be helpful.

You mean to say

Ooooh, Matron!

Anyway... Carry on Quoting!
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 08:59:43 »
Catballou has a nice sardonic take on Fatbelly's unwavering optimism and sunny outlook on life ;)

Re: I hate this time of year!

Fatbelly wrote:
It's a long dark tunnel, but there is light at the end, I promise!

Catballou:
I once thought there was light at the end of the tunnel, but it was some bastard with a torch fetching me more work
[/color]
 :)

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 09:41:20 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
Fatbelly's unwavering optimism and sunny outlook on life ;)
Somebody understands me! at last!

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 10:37:02 »
'Crotch rockets'

In the 'I hate this time of year' thread, some very jaundiced (some might say harsh, too unsympathetic?!) but great-reading quotes from LeKraven

Last crotch-rocket-retard I saw riding like a moron around here hit a tractor so hard he became the pink mist, and his bike magically vanished (disintegrated on impact).
No sympathy from me what-so-ever! That's just Natural Selection weeding out the weaker elements from the gene pool, and I'm all for it
!

and from AndyM
The light at the end of the winter tunnel for the crotch rocket loons is when I stay off certain roads. It'll be about mid-April round Helmsley and the like. Out come all the trainee organ donors that havn't been out of sight of a Jerremy Clarkson DVD and a box of Cleenex for five months, intent on breaking the traffic laws despite the cracked tyres and rusted up brake pins. Mr. Plod will of course be out to save the Ambulance crew the hassle of washing out their van and shovels, so anything on two wheels will be fair game. Even when they aren't crashing it'll be 100 mph overtakes to get to the next slightly wet corner where they can drop to speeds so low the biggest risk is the 42 mph picnic-in-the-laybys crowd hitting them from behind.

This stupidity does effect us BTW, our insurance premiums are set by loons who could do their annual mileage in a single track day.

Work Experience Stasi

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 10:44:04 »
Hmmm... future generations of 'Strom rider will think of me as an arrogant bastard when they read that quote. Oh well, they wouldn't be entirely wrong  :haha:
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:12 »
Heh! But there's plenty will see some uncomfortable truths in those 2 quotes...
Tell you what, post up some nice little piece which has fluffy sportsbikes, bunnies and elves in the magic woods, and we'll include it for balance (try not include shotguns, blood and guts!  :grin: )

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2012, 02:25:22 »
Great job so far, Gassoon :thumb: I'm enjoying reading the quotes here and your comments. Keep it up :clap:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2012, 09:55:44 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
Great job so far, Gassoon :thumb: I'm enjoying reading the quotes here and your comments. Keep it up :clap:

Juvecu comments on the comments about the comments. Fair comment, I say. :grin:

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2012, 23:25:54 »
lol
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 09:11:36 »
I am attending a Curator Symposium at the NEC this weekend, and have other dreary tasks to do (literally forced to, by that, that woman!) and so must close the Quote Museum for a short while...this should not prevent classic statements being recorded here by other members, however and so...

PS. Some nescafe in jar, petty cash hidden in baccy tin under 'unused Fatbelly quotes' folder ; )
  You'll need fresh milk. Don't look in the wardrobe. Personal.

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 11:49:17 »
Coval on the antics of the crazy scooter riders in London:
Quote from: "Coval"
I know, nature has a way of eliminating the weakest, but seeing these things daily on my commute, sometimes I wish there was a quicker way!
:clap:  lol

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 10:42:07 »
NEC over for another year...some thoughts:

by Firestorm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Went today. Highlights?
1. Liked the new V-Strom 1000 a lot - didn't get surveyed though as a Forum Member from Suffolk was keeping her busy!.
2. Triumph Trophy was really nice - but I'd need to take a teenager with me eveywhere I went just to work the myriad buttons that do god knows what!
3. Also liked the Explorer 1200
4. Guzzi V7 cafe Racer was brilliant - want one as a second bike
5. Liked the refreshed FJR
6. Hated everything on the Victory stand
7. Liked the retro CB1100
8. Also liked the Burgman 650
9. Thought the Chinese 650 looked like a shrunken Pan 1300 - I think the pannier lids were direct copies.
10 The best Chinese bike at the show though was, I thought, the new BMW 1200GS. Velly comfy

Piglumps on the chinese bike stand:
"I had a sit on the adjacent naked bike - it's based on the ER-6, looked alright but as with other Chinese bikes may be water-soluble..."

In twenty years time will half the NEC be taken up with chinese bikes?

Jay2 as a first-time attendee:

"Went last Sunday for the first time, was a bit apprehensive after reading all the other posts on here and other sites about not being as good as it used to be.

But as I didn't have anything to compare it to, I had a great day. Spent £5 on a visor cleaning pack, about another £5 on a beer and a coffee through the day, (brought own food after going to previous car shows and knowing the prices for very little), and still came away with a rucksack full of freebies, pens, stickers, key-rings and handy leaflets, brochures.

Highs - Seeing John McGuiness, having a good chat with the BikeSafe blokes, helpfull Datatag staff, being able to see all the new bikes for 2013, touring advice,
Lows - Harley might as well put 'mid-life crisis' as there advert tag-line..."

Much drooling over Triumph Explorers, general disappointment in the paucity of bargains to be had, with many suggesting for them leave it next year or for a year or two...

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 15:59:17 »
A shake-up in structure of the site by Fatrat this week, to try seperate 'General shite and bollocksy ' type stuff (sorry about the technical terms) and General bike stuff...or something. Anyway, from the new Blue Oyster bar Random Photos thread which included some shots of greywolf's past wives, a salivating ProfG asked: "Any chance of contact details?  :grin: "

Greywolfs reply: "She went after me furiously while she was still married to somebody else. Then we were married three months after her divorce, six months after we hooked up. She left me for a woman slightly over a year later then married a man a year after that. She got past addictions to alcohol and drugs and became addicted to new relationships instead. Being with her was an experience that leaves me longing with an ache in my chest occasionally to this day."

"You're better off not finding her. She's how vampire legends got started."

Work Experience Stasi

Offline trebornoxid

• Bike: Kawasaki KLV1000 2005
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 19:02:53 »
"If I wanted to be popular I'd buy a Redcoat and work at Butlins"

Although this came from my original quote I used for years which was.

Don't you even think about asking?
These are my opinions and if I ever wanted your opinion Id give it to you!
Either way I'd very much like to tell you.
That my take on the issue is a far more accurate portrayal of the real situation.
Unlike the insurmountable problem with the premiss of your question which totally disinterest me.
If I wanted to be popular I'd buy a Redcoat and work at Butlins.
So "Jog on get a life and stop interfering with mine".
Rob
I also own and ride 1914 Royal Enfield, 1923 BSA, 1948 Triumph TR5 and a 1956 Triumph T110 1962 Harley XLCH and a 2012 Honda PCX125
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trebornoxid/

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 19:19:52 »
You beat me to it, trebornoxid/Rob :) You're quite rightly proud of your collection of derogatory statements, and I will certainly be using some of those myself in the coming days :thumb:

btw - just looked at your avatar, I always thought it was Florence Nightingale with a lamp, now with me glasses on ...well, the glasses have steamed up a bit!

The debate was about 'Carrying Extra Fuel' and provoked strong opinions, around the suitability of containers, potential (and actual) re-modelling Strom fueltanks; and 'simply' avoiding any issues by having a system of filling up when opportune filling-stations appear well in advance, versus the reality of sparsely distributed stations in some (especially furrin) places.

Kaboo summed up the 'serendipity' approach favoured by some/many adventurers: "If you do run out of petrol you can always lock the bike and hitch into town or ask at a house. People are mostly good and you may even end up at some big weird wedding eating lots of pastries and drinking lots of beer ......of course you could end up chained to a radiator in some madman's basement ! "

:auto-dirtbike:

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 13:21:00 »
loggamatt on the subject of spending £100 on a Biker Tidy:
Quote from: "loggamatt"
That and I have more money than sense. Not that I have much money, just have very very little sense! :)