Author Topic: ALUMINIUM PANNIERS  (Read 2507 times)

Offline seaninis

ALUMINIUM PANNIERS
« on: April 09, 2011, 18:29:05 »
evening gents....just moved up to the highlands and I am in the process of buying a DL1000. I am an auditor and hence will be a fair amoubnt of travelling...pet hate is sitting helplesly behind a sunday driver doing 40 or a mobile home doing less!! could anyone recommend some good, large and dry pannier system..I've had a pan euro and must say the monokey were good is there anything better for the v strom??
cheers,

sean

Anonymous

Re: ALUMINIUM PANNIERS
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:34:29 »
Hi Sean, and eveyone.

I've followed this thread with interest, or rather I wanted to :angry-tappingfoot:

Anyhoo....I too am after a pannier kit for my Vee as well, and I've looked at the obvious recruits: Metal Mule, Touratech etc. I also looked briefly at the placcy ones from Givi and even the Suzuki offering but wasn't overly thrilled with any of them. Touratech and MM are too damned expensive, its aluminium fer christs sakes, and having worked with the stuff in the past I cannot see where the price tag comes from, there's about £15s worth of aluminium in each pannier!

But I'm digressing a bit cos I wanted to get feedback on the Givi Trekker series. They seem well priced (still not cheap though), and seem to be a cross between the placcy and the metal types, a bit of rugged styling and a good range of panniers and top box all using the monokey system....

http://www.givi.co.uk/Side-hardbags/Monokey-/TRK46N-TREKKER

Does anyone have this luggage?
Does anyone have any thoughts on this luggage?

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 16:54:27 »
Have a look in the gallery section, someone just posted pics of a set they had made, £350 I think.

Stu

firestrom

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:19:08 »
hve a look here
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/produc ... ku=7583249

ally ones from just over £60  :thumb: ignore the picture and look at the measurements