Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I binned the standart Triumph lights as they were quite pathetic, very poor amount of light and a crappy beam. And you had to remember to switch them back on everytime you turned the bike off, very frustrating I can tell you. So I sold them on eBay and bought a pair of these Britalitez 10w work lights. They have a very wide spread of light and are nice & bright - but not too bright. I have them wired to an ignition live (and a switch) so they are on all the time. Very happy with the quality for the price. Link to the eBay item -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144347014410?itmmeta=01HX6PYR6WSCKEE89XH7DKA0X0&hash=item219bc0a50a:g:aBQAAOSwRFZh-oXV&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4MhZQIqPSh0NgTHc%2F3vnzwrfyFj9cuDlB5Qc%2BEu1ygLLcDR%2Boc2H5rdkaUukk8d%2BqQw1wqBKfxualjuAZCUY1TDoaS3FXclo3E5vUpbJb1LZg0y5GAE7TEnWqpJUOFm20UP38qFI5UmDUDfAWSf%2FvpKCr%2BSiw26MpfWYVBU5qGQCvIEsBUqkRO9r8ect2IwBe9RPPlqSLA7jCIO%2FkmqmG9MllXyX%2Bc4JYXn5k6oYIDTObTIAg--Bjsx%2FxRR7iC7BW%2B178pSFexMBalBVMIg2HYTTV8t3fQWUDKIB5zqTBOrx%7Ctkp%3ABFBMxIP71ulj
Humour / Re: Four Word Story
« Last post by Brockett on Today at 11:33:47 »
bedrooms, lounge and diner
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: DL1000 AL8 ABS INCIDENCE
« Last post by Banditbilbo on Today at 11:13:52 »
Hello.

After work done the saturday, on Sunday I tested the bike for about 300km. With several starts and stops.

No ABS fault appeared again.

I have yet to test the test connector of the ABS module, as the colleague in the previous message comments.

I don't know if disconnecting and cleaning all the ABS circuit connectors, sensors,  including the module connector, may have resolved anything.

Honestly, I have my doubts. There is a probability of ABS module "reset" when disconnect battery and ABS  module main connector???

It's the only option I can think of, apart from cleaning contacts.

Any news will be reported to you.

Thank you very much for your interest.
The Blue Oyster bar / Corsica
« Last post by Berty5000 on Today at 10:27:57 »
Anybody been by motorcycle? Tips on best ways to get there, time needed, routes, etc?
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 10:06:13 »
or their equally proportioned
« Last post by Asmith61 on Today at 09:12:24 »
Big beer bellied bikers
« Last post by 2112 on Today at 08:15:31 »
which would not satisfy
No, not a trendsetter, it was simple pricing economics. On this side of the pond, a new replacement shock would have cost almost half the bike's resale value.
Yes, the Vee shock is a lot firmer plus about 5mm longer than the 650 shock. The Vee has one extra spring coil.
At the moment, the shock's damping is set as per the Vee service manual, but the preload sag is set below the standard 2 mark, for now. Will re-adjust the preload if deemed necessary.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: DL1000 AL8 ABS INCIDENCE
« Last post by Gert on Today at 07:20:59 »
Please let me / us know what was found to be the cause of the failure. Enquiring minds.
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Last post by nigel s on Today at 04:59:02 »
Georgia,

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10