Author Topic: Pictures from the failing headlight issue I had!!  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Qjay

Pictures from the failing headlight issue I had!!
« on: June 24, 2011, 18:41:08 »
For the original thread pls see: http://www.v-strom.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8404

Fuel tank, air box, throttle assy and seat, radiator fairings all removed and the wires all stripped from their protective casings. It turned out to be a connector which was accessible whilst the bike was fully assembled!!!

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
Re: Pictures from the failing headlight issue I had!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 20:27:11 »
"It turned out to be a connector which was accessible whilst the bike was fully assembled!!!"

That's the great thing about hindsight - it's always 20:20.....
No bike at present.......

Offline Qjay

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 20:53:01 »
I've never sworn so much in my entire life....... I'd spent three days stripping all the wires back and taking things off and cleaning them.... I was quite bluntly  ###  ing livid..... then someone on here said.... "Have a look at this clip behind the radiator" I did and bang, my headlights worked.... lesson of that day, WHENEVER u got a problem, ask here first!!!

Offline coopmick

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 23:14:15 »
Quote from: "Qjay"
I've never sworn so much in my entire life....... I'd spent three days stripping all the wires back and taking things off and cleaning them.... I was quite bluntly  ###  ing livid..... then someone on here said.... "Have a look at this clip behind the radiator" I did and bang, my headlights worked.... lesson of that day, WHENEVER u got a problem, ask here first!!!

:clap:  :clap:  lol  lol
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:17:13 »
yep any one comes on here and asks a question the general answer is "Have you checked the yellow/white connector behind the rad?"
even if it's a tyre related issue... because that connector is most likely causing some other issue you weren't aware of yet!

Ride Coordinator

Offline Strommer

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 13:47:35 »
It's great of you to post the pics.  Any chance of highlighting the actual faulty bit - it's all just wires to me.... :shrug:

A disgrace to biking...

Offline Qjay

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 14:42:31 »
Quote from: "mr_diver"
yep any one comes on here and asks a question the general answer is "Have you checked the yellow/white connector behind the rad?"
even if it's a tyre related issue... because that connector is most likely causing some other issue you weren't aware of yet!

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Offline Qjay

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 14:47:02 »
Quote from: "Strommer"
It's great of you to post the pics.  Any chance of highlighting the actual faulty bit - it's all just wires to me.... :shrug:

you see, your question has now dropped me in the sh*t....... the yellow terminal is in the top photo at the right hand end of the pic about 5/9ths of the way up the image from the bottom. However, it wasn't actually the yellow connector, it was the black one which you can't see in this image cos it's stufed down behind the recitifier and rubber hoses...... but yes if u want to check anything electrical then always check that connector and the black one first!!!  

:violence-uzi: "Connectors"

Offline Qjay

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 14:48:01 »
Quote from: "Strommer"

I will highlight them for you when I get home though and upload images again.

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 21:34:28 »
Quote from: "Qjay"
...lesson of that day, WHENEVER u got a problem, ask here first!!!
:clap:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog