Author Topic: which screen  (Read 9189 times)

Offline JonStromV

Re: which screen
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 22:14:09 »
....just some £23 mirrors.

Can someone put up a link to these mirrors?

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 07:28:07 »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310364329996

I should be on commission with these blokes.

Offline playyyguy

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 21:41:29 »
Quote from: "Little_Chris"
I fitted a MRA X-creen in April, fitted the Aprilia mirrors and whilst wearing my Shark Evoline II it was fantastic.  Did 9500 miles like this with zero buffeting, 10% wind noise and minimal wind effect.

A couple of weeks ago I treated myself to a new Shark vision-r gt carbon helmet. According to the statistics it has significantly lower noise than my old helmet. I tried it whilst riding my Trike and I was a little worried just how quiet it was. But when I tried to ride the Strom with it on the noise was unbearable.  I rode 100 miles in agony. On the way back I played about with the angle of the smaller screen and significantly improved wind noise.  

So my point is that although you can get people's opinions of various screens, even the the slightest change in setup can drastically alter it's effectiveness.
Hi you I got a 2014'm glee vario screen high setting clear visor 70 + a tad windy&buffering! That's with little visor up max,  been looking 2 nght at MRA xcreen u say they are gud I'm 6feet 2 inches they suggest if 6ft plus get the xcreen,AS U HAVE got one in a nutshell ARE they really the dogs b?

Offline playyyguy

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 21:51:32 »
Quote from: "steve181"
Thanks for all the replies I am buying the mra vario on Friday so will have it on next week will let you know on outcome. Looked at mirrors on e bay seem to be a few diffent variants which one will fit my 2013???  I am also looking to buy tank bag and fog/driving lights for the front bars any ideas on this. Was looking at the givi s310 lights and a famsa tank bag!!!
Bik viz.in ringwood hants, sell some nice led low draw lights,get normal ones can flatten battery I've been told that lots led is the way to go but wen u get them if u do a tube of silicone will extend life put around screw holes and edge of lenze, I didn't and lasted 3 mts ,aha new set dun silicone and 3 yrs,,,,,,,paul

Offline bosnjo

• Bike: DL1000 L7
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 07:50:04 »
Quote from: "playyyguy"
Hi you I got a 2014'm glee vario screen high setting clear visor 70 + a tad windy&buffering! That's with little visor up max,  been looking 2 nght at MRA xcreen u say they are gud I'm 6feet 2 inches they suggest if 6ft plus get the xcreen,AS U HAVE got one in a nutshell ARE they really the dogs b?
I solved all of my problems with Givi AIrflow. I'm 6ft2.5.
Givi AIrflow is my 4th screen but I'm more then hapy now. Previous screens were OEM, MRA Touring Vario, Puig Tall.
If you ever get Givi AIrflow, keep in mind that for our hights Givi Airflow works the best not on the highest setting. You have to play a bit with the hight as it works by producing "invisible" screen at the front of you by compressing the air in the "box" between two screens and the shooting it verticaly. The lower the screen goes, the higher the pressure for creating "invisible" screen.
That is the reason I have mine working the best mounted at top holes and then adjusted to mid hight settings.
DL1000 2017 white
DL1000 2014 red (sold)
DL650 2012 white (sold)