Author Topic: Buffalo Winter Gloves  (Read 3458 times)

Offline spanner

Buffalo Winter Gloves
« on: December 17, 2011, 15:47:38 »
Hi all.
Just had an email from M & P regarding their Buffalo Pathfinder gloves, fancy Neon ones to be exact. Now they look nice, but are they any good? Just wondering what gloves people have here for winter riding. I have the heated grips but still after a warm glove which has some good water proof qualities, and are not to expensive. SWMBO has said I can have some for Christmas.

Thanks for any help.
Kev
FSIE, TS100, RD350LC YPVS, GPZ900R, Z750LTD, CB900BOL D'OR, RXS100,CB750KZ, BANDIT600 (x2), GSXR600. WEE.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: Buffalo Winter Gloves
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 18:27:13 »
I'm on the lookout myself, have you checked out the Ride site?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ri ... %20pt1.pdf

Couple years old now, but tests still relevant for some...
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 16:49:31 »
Spanner, those gloves look like good value at that price (30+ on amazon). Buffalo also do these which look better to me, with a Hipora membrane, too, but all pre-curved leather...

http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/Ghos ... riptiontab

though 'ghostbikes' have a few bad mentions on the site (and good ones, too) Maybe M&P do em
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 17:21:02 »
Don't know anything about your Buffalo gloves, but Dracula and SimonW both bought some nice gloves at the NEC bike show. If I was in the market for some winter gloves I would have bought a pair too. They were supremely comfortable and felt nice and warm and the protection was quite decent (better than my £100 Alpine Stars gloves at least.) They had a GoreTex lining and was going at £35-40, I think the normal price is around £60. That's really good for a glove like that. I can't remember what they were now, but maybe one of them comes along and tells you or maybe they have already posted about it in another thread (I'm just too lazy to go look now, it's home time :grin: )
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 20:55:32 »
Hmm, might pm dracula about that...Goretex is definitely the best stuff, though some other membranes are catching up... :thumb:

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 21:14:33 »
Halvarssons gloves are also worth a look http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/pr ... ng=2&cid=1

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 22:04:07 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
Don't know anything about your Buffalo gloves, but Dracula and SimonW both bought some nice gloves at the NEC bike show. If I was in the market for some winter gloves I would have bought a pair too. They were supremely comfortable and felt nice and warm and the protection was quite decent (better than my £100 Alpine Stars gloves at least.) They had a GoreTex lining and was going at £35-40, I think the normal price is around £60. That's really good for a glove like that. I can't remember what they were now, but maybe one of them comes along and tells you or maybe they have already posted about it in another thread (I'm just too lazy to go look now, it's home time :grin: )
Spada Enforcer. They're very nice   :lala:  

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/Motorcycle_G ... ves_Hi_Viz

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 22:15:08 »
That link says Hipora, why did I think it was Gore-Tex?  :shrug:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)

Offline spanner

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 10:39:03 »
Thank for the advice from everyone, the main problem I have is sizing. Some gloves I am a large, some a medium. I was told that you go by your shoe size for your hand size. I only have small feet, 7, so my hands are on the gap between 2 sizes. I also have short fat fingers, which does not help. I may have to pop to George Whites to try before I buy for size.
However I now have a wider range to choose from, so thanks for the recommendations.

Kev :ty:
FSIE, TS100, RD350LC YPVS, GPZ900R, Z750LTD, CB900BOL D'OR, RXS100,CB750KZ, BANDIT600 (x2), GSXR600. WEE.

Offline bencav

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 12:16:33 »
don't discount the Gericke stuff either, they have some loverly gloves! I have my eye on a pair of Pittards waterproof leather gloves from them, if they were goretex and not sheltex, I wouldn't have delayed the inevitable!!

Offline SimonW

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:31 »
Quote from: "SimonW"
Quote from: "Juvecu"
Spada Enforcer. They're very nice   :lala:  

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/Motorcycle_G ... ves_Hi_Viz
Tested these in anger the other night for 2 hours in a force 27 gale with the rain lashing down and they were superb.

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 17:00:31 »
Dracula thinks they are a bit cold, what do you think?

Offline SimonW

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 17:41:10 »
Well, it wasn't close to, or below, freezing when I rode, so they were fine, but I would imagine that they're probably not up to the job when it gets really really cold.

Offline SimonW

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 23:38:10 »
..and I have hand guards fitted, which makes a big difference too, of course.