Author Topic: Suzuki VStrom DL650 ABS for sale ASAP  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: Suzuki VStrom DL650 ABS for sale ASAP
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 00:26:58 »
Doesn't eBay take a huge cut or does it work different with vehicles?
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline charlietreble5

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 01:05:34 »
its like £13 to post an add then if its over £3500 they take £35 on top

Offline ricky

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 09:30:54 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
We've had a few scams going by recently so we are more paranoid than usual. I'd always recommend anyone who is going to consider buying any bike to go view it first and only part with any money after all checks are done.

off topic here for the thread but might be of intrest to the mods /admin. most forums now don't allow people to sell stuff on the site untill the have xx amount of posts and ask members before buying to ask for a phone number and also a address.

something the site might need  look into to stop the scammers maybe?

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 10:24:41 »
Yeah, ricky has a good point there, its a shame though...Most sites seem to have a requirement of posts, or even paying a joining fee before you can advertise your stuff. Maybe a min number of pots would work best for us, keep the spirit of the site etc?

BTW charliet. that sounds like a much closer price in this market...When I read the gumtree ad, I was struck by the 'power reduced' sentence...you might want to add that this can be reversed, and how (get a quote and include the price of doing this) because most potential buyers will not want this 'feature' ! Instantly depriving you of a huge wodge of buyers.
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline charlietreble5

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 11:17:57 »
yeah I can see where you blokes are coming from, I can remove it for nothing, its just a pin that stops the throttle half way

Offline charlietreble5

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 11:18:25 »
why does it say blokes when I put G.U.Y.S

Offline charlietreble5

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 11:18:43 »
g

u

y

s

Offline beep

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 11:26:05 »
I don't have a problem with anyone registering then immediately trying to sell something, but then again it's not my website. However I'm sure that a regular poster, someone who's shown some enthusiasm for the V-strom, is going to get more responses from any ad placed.

I think around £4000 is pretty spot on for this age of bike, but you may end up taking a couple of hundred quid less, especially if you're in a hurry. Personally I would have taken the earlier offer of £3900, since it cleary wasn't a silly offer you sometime get when trying to sell privately. If the bike is in good nic then don't take less than you're really wanting unless you're in a real hurry. And don't forget you can also get stung when selling privately, so be careful.

By the way Wisebuyer which is usually reasonably accurate has a 2010 GT at:

Retail:   £4,900    
Private Good:   £4,030
Private Average:   £3,620
Private Poor:   £3,360
Part Exchange:   £3,880
Trade:   £3,697

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 13:57:04 »
Post count is very easy to get up, few welcome posts, a few Happy Birthday posts, stick down a few in the Humour section and play the "four word game" while you're at it for a day or so and you'll have a lot of posts racked up.

We keep the spammers out as best as we can and if someone is posting bikes for sale it's ultimately not the forum's responsibility to make sure it's a safe advert. The potential buyer is the one spending the money so should be the doing the checks and taking the responsibility if he/she/it gets it wrong. The rest of us are here for advice anyway so if something looks dodgy then asking other forum members what they think is a good way to figure out if it is/isn't. Too many rules means too much to enforce... yes, I'm a lazy mod, but I don't get paid for it  :grin:

ps. It's a good thing we don't have any rules about not posting off topic, we'd all be banned every day lol
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline jimmy b

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 21:46:42 »
hello charlie..sorry to hear all the grief your getting in trying to sell your bike ..I just happened to come on to this thread..I'm also selling my k9 650 with a few sensible add ons/extras..for around the same money at £4000..I've had it on gumtree,pre loved & its been on a classified ad for the last 3 weeks on e bay..does that mean I'm up to no good as well?? come on lay off the bloke....I've had a offer of £3500..I refused..obviously..its worth more..& talking of scams..I had a offer to buy my bike from a woman in australia coming over to blighty on may the 15th....but take the blokes offer of £3900..& run that's a good price..I thought the point of owners clubs was to look after the bikes & owners..I jouined to get some info etc re the 650..as its the smallest bike I've had in 15 years..but I've found it great..my q,s have been answered with honesty & quickly...you take care..cheers jim!!! :text-givemebeer: