Other Stuff > The Blue Oyster bar

Ear plugs, what do you use ..?

(1/7) > >>

kwackboy:
Think it's time I replaced my ear plugs.

As I have mild tinnitus I have to wear them, every day, even for my short commute but if I wear them for long rides, after a few hours my ears start to ache.

Lately,  I've seen these custom ear plug makers where you have to go and have a mould made of your ears then, after a few weeks they send you them but they are expensive.

Anyone ever had this done,  are they worth it ..? 

2112:
My mate had some custom ear plugs made at the bike show one year, at vast expense I must add. Yes, they were very good, comfortable, great Db reduction BUT - he lost one.... Like me he's back to the disosable EAR bell shaped foam plugs.

Rixington43:
I can never recommend Doc's Pro Plugs highly enough.
I use them for riding after starting using them for drumming and at gigs.
They sit in the outer ear rather than inside the rear canal and have a small vent which allows speech frequencies through whilst killing bass and treble.
They come in a lot of sizes and you do need to get the right ones but physical stockists should have a size template in store. They don't cost mega bucks so losing one isn't the end of the world.
Just be aware that they do feel a little sharp around the edges when brands new, it takes a few uses to soften them up but then I can wear them for hours.

* A mate had custom ones made and swears he'll never use anything else, I don't think you'd regret the outlay, it is just losing them that's stopped me doing it.

StromGeeza:
Bio-ears, or quality similar makes. You get a few decent uses out of them before they get too skanky.
As I'm actually Dave Angel, they have an eco afterlife as fire starters, helped no doubt with a goodly helping of earwax  and those curious ear hairs that men of a certain age are so good at growing.  :thumb:

Brockett:
Ultimate Ear : I renew every few years. I also have the plugs with speakers inside for ipod etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version