Author Topic: MRA X-Creen unboxing  (Read 3577 times)

Offline awicks

• Bike: DL650 L2, White
MRA X-Creen unboxing
« on: June 26, 2014, 16:20:34 »
This afternoon I received the MRA X-Creen I had ordered earlier in the week and I thought that I'd share a few photos of unpacking it. I ordered the clear screen and spoiler combination from NativeViking on eBay on Monday evening.

The contents of the package

The X-Creen spoiler box

Instructions on the back of the X-Creen spoiler box

Contents of the X-Creen spoiler box

The instructions on how to assemble it.

(edit: I posted the images directly from the Tapatalk app on my phone and am not sure how to re-orientate the images!)

Andy

Offline awicks

Re: MRA X-Creen unboxing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 18:48:22 »
I have now managed to assemble it and put it on the bike. Assembly was a challenge as the instructions aren't particularly helpful. Once I'd worked out how it assembled then putting it together was quite easy.

Some more pics.

First leg assembled

Both legs assembled and the spoiler mounted on the screen

One of the legs attaching the spoiler to the screen

Screen with spoiler mounted on the bike

Looking from the front

The view from the driving seat

I haven't yet had the opportunity to ride the bike with the screen fitted and will report back with my findings.

Andy

Offline bat-kam

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 20:37:12 »
Nice job.
Why they can't send it already assembled? It would save some time :)

I like MRA screens but that spoiler is a bit too big for my liking. I prefer the taller main part of the screen and shorter spoiler - like on the wee
Than again its my opinion.
Suzuki all the way: '98 Bandit > '99 GSX600F > '09 V Strom DL650 > '09 SV650S > '10 V Strom DL650 > '04 GSX-R 600

Offline awicks

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 22:04:37 »
I had a think about why it comes in so many pieces and have worked out why.

The screen and spoiler are two separate products - the screen is bike specific and the spoiler is generic so it makes sense for them to come separately.

With the spoiler, you have the choice of fitting it with one joint or two on each side and it comes assembled up to the point where you have to decide which setup you want. The spoiler had the first step of the instructions completed when it was delivered, which confused me for a while until I realised. When I was tidying up afterwards I discovered a slip of paper, which I had previously missed, that explained this and could have saved my confusion!

Andy

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 18:07:40 »
The whole MRA mechanism is completely different from what it was when I purchased mine a few years ago. They also seemed to have improved the screen, it seems thicker and has the rounded edges. It also looks like it has been shaped/moulded much better. A much more refined product than before.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline alan29

• 200th Member
  • Bike: DL650XT M0
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 18:01:40 »
I replaced the blade on my Glee touring screen with an X Blade.  It was a straight replacement.