Author Topic: Service above and beyond or a good case for a Restraining Order?  (Read 1298 times)

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Last week I ordered some of the excellent products that only Cymarcbikeparts.co.uk can supply. Never will you see Stainless Steel formed in a more pleasing way  :smirk:

The certifiable lunatic, Mark,  who provides employment to the many illegal immigrants that work in his numerous sweat shops (in the grim north), dropped me an email  offering to deliver the items personally. I naturally assumed he was on the run again and needed to lie low for a while. After all, why else would he volunteer for a fourteen hour round trip  :crazy:

Arrangements were made and beer was bought. Unfortunately the red phone that resides under a glass cover on my desk went off and I was summoned to work, so the plans had to be postponed. Now a normal person would have opened his calendar, checked for a day or two when he wasn't due to give evidence and rescheduled accordingly.

Well, there I was in Central London, generally being an all round hero when Mrs Rat sends me a message saying that a BMW GS had landed on the drive and what should she do? I jumped to the obvious conclusion that it had broken down and suggested she hosed down the general area around the final drive which was probably glowing red and then call the Fire Service and the AA.

As it turns out it was bloody Mark from Cymarc :shock: He had still made the fourteen hour round trip to deliver my bling. Some would say this act of generosity was above and beyond, others may have called a Locksmith and a CCTV installer this morning  :icon_no:

*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
Re: Service above and beyond or a good case for a Restraining Order?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 08:24:46 »
So you're the intrepid test pilot for Cymarc's new line in stainless bolt-on beaks? They have to test them in the midle of nowhere to stop the world's press from getting sneak ( beak ) previews.

Offline user650

• Bike: DL650A M3 in fast white (Gen 3), DL650A M2 in fast white (Gen 3)
Re: Service above and beyond or a good case for a Restraining Order?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 15:50:45 »
Top bloke that Mark, nutty as a fruit bat, but top bloke  :thumb:
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Posh Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19
RBLR 1000 '22