Author Topic: idea,s for new screen  (Read 2625 times)

Offline daveg

idea,s for new screen
« on: February 28, 2009, 14:54:39 »
hi all

I was just wondering if anyone on here where tall and had the DL1000. only reason I ask is about the screen, I am not sure if the screen on mine is standard. I struggle with my height with the screen being to low and if anyone had recommendations for a taller screen. I am 6"4 and up to 50-60mph all is good but once on the motorway it can be a pain in the arse. I don,t like to bend down behind the screen for long periods of time as I get back ache. anyone with suggestions for better one would be geatly appreciated.

dave
V STROMS....ROCK....

Offline badger 1050

Re: idea,s for new screen
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 15:28:34 »
I have a mra screen which has an adj flap at the top like a double screen at the topwhich comes in different sizes  some other people have a givi screen again I think it comes in different sizes  and some people have either of the above with an adjustable bracket instead of the Suzuki bracket but its each to his/her own

Offline willsniffer

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 21:24:30 »
Dave

I'm in same boat as you with a K2 DL1000 - I'm 6'2" and fitted an MRA screen a few weeks ago. Just from my own experience its disappointing - the adjustable spoiler either throws wind low into the lid or batters it generally above 50/60 mph. Did a couple of hundred miles last Sunday and the one thing that spoiled the trip was the buffeting at times. Maybe I'm setting it wrong but I think I've tried most spoiler positions. Shame that the older model can't take something similar to the madstad. Not sure where to go next - I looked at these...

http://www.ceebaileys.com/Suzuki/vstromws.html

http://www.ceebaileys.com/Suzuki/vstromws2.html

Would be good to hear any UK riders' successes for the older Strom.

Happy Hunting and please post if you find a solution

Will

Offline pikeman

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 21:32:13 »
best position I found for the spoiler is 1 off the top. Not brilliant though

Offline mechcanico lee

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:57:00 »
The givi screen is good Dave no buffeting up to silly speeds, only problem for me is that the upper edge is in my line of sight but you being taller I think it ould be OK  :thumb:

Offline coopmick

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 13:36:46 »
Need to remember pre 04's have a different screen fitting making it harder of us K2 & K3 owners to get screens as good as K4 + owners ###  ###  ###
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline mechcanico lee

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 13:58:01 »
Arrrr good point Mick, a didn't spot it was for a K2

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 21:19:38 »
I have just moved my Vario up beyond the top mounts and it's even better. I'll post a pic or three when I can be bothered to join photobucket...
No bike at present.......