Author Topic: sharealike clutch basket modification - highly recommended  (Read 1298 times)

Offline steve...

When I bought my DL1000 I had read about the chudder and vibration form the clutch but read that it only affected early bikes .. . mine was a 53 plate so I hoped I'd get away with it !  No such luck . . . I noticed riding it home and thought I'd have to investigate.  A couple of further rides and an oil change didn't fix it so I had to bike the bullet - either sell the bike again or fix it.  Having come from smooth 4cyl bikes I really couldn't live with the vibration,especially as I knew it was a fault and would only get worse.

I sent the basket off to sharealike and transferred the cash - not cheap but it was either do this or sell the bike.  

Once it was fitted with another oil change the different was incredible.  All of the vibration and shuddering had gone, completely, 100%.  The clutch was smooth and progressive and the engine would accelerate smoothly (as smoothly as a V-twin can !) from 2k rpm upwards without any vibration or juddering, regardless of throttle opening or road speed.

Not a cheap modification but well worth the money, transformed my bike from a potential eBay re-sale to a bike I want to keep for some time !