Author Topic: The Quotes Museum  (Read 76660 times)

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
The Quotes Museum
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 22:13:43 »
LaKraven definitely wears a Kravat..

Offline LaKraven

Re: The Quotes Museum
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 22:15:02 »
Quote from: "Jacko"
LaKraven definitely wears a Kravat..
I assure you, I wear no such thing!
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline jimbo8098

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 00:51:26 »
HA! A likely story!

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 09:04:51 »
Reksut offered an insight into his excellent safe riding record:

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm

"I don't dream when I'm riding,, its dangerous..."

Note to self: must stop doing that.
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 20:46:40 »
Amazing news about LeKraven's mouse population explosion... mutant super-intelligent (escaped from lab?) mice overunning the house , he tried glue-traps, but

"The mice were clever enough to place stuff like paper over the trap, then walk over the paper-covered section to steal the bait."

Future revelations involving tiny zipwires can be expected.

Carlos suggests: get a pellet pistol or rifle and some infrared light . and do a stake out ....

Cue dozens of bleary-eyed strommers watching armies of rats being shot in green night-vision , and one Curator hauled to bed by his ear :GRR:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 16:05:05 »
Glitter Island thread started by Bluesboy...somewhere for us to send the dregs of humanity (or those you take a mild disliking to). J Savile and similar are swiftly sent there, Chuck Norris (only to dispense justice Chuck, you're a top bloke, honest). Jonathan King is parachuted in, to which Abercol says

"Aye, Chuck'll finish off Jonathan King faster than a box of chocolates at a weightwatchers convention!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 18:54:16 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
"Aye, Chuck'll finish off Jonathan King faster than a box of chocolates at a weightwatchers convention!"
Amen to that!
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 08:53:13 »
Loggamatt, in lusting after bigger engined bikes with more gadgets in the belief that this makes them better, makes SimonW say...
"Better" is a big generalisation and means different things to different people. The BMW is "better" because it has electronic fly-by-wire, bluetooth integrated, multi-mode ball warmers. The new DL1000 is "better" because it doesn't, so they can't go wrong. And so on...

EDIT: And if that doesn't get me a place in the quotes museum I want a refund.
:clap:

ps Simon, you got in using 5 vouchers cut from the Daily Express anyway (and your dirty secret is out!)

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 23:26:30 »
nbsdave confided this, in the unusual biking pleasures thread:
Sometimes when she is on the centrestand and I am cleaning/chain lube or whatever, I pause and just look her over-I know she's no beauty but I do enjoy just looking at her.

:)))

Work Experience Stasi

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 23:57:44 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
ps Simon, you got in using 5 vouchers cut from the Daily Express anyway (and your dirty secret is out!)
:shy:

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 10:27:48 »
Stromtrooper james posted about his near miss due to an imbecilic car driver in 'the good news and the bad news!' thread.

Jacko said "...you should be allowed, by law, to pull them over and piss on their seats..."

Mr Diver adds a recent experience..."I'm going though the middle and some t**t in a new fancy Jag gives one flash of indicator and moves into the other lane... I was already along side him and had to break hard. slowly scraped down his passenger side door and front quarter...
got home and there's a lovely bit of metallic blue paint on the mushroom lug on the pannier rack. no marks on the bike- that's what his insurance is for- payment for his stupid actions. He was most likely on the phone to tell the house keeper to keep the venison warm he's going to be late from the golf club."

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 10:32:31 »
In 'Peaklife motorcycle sat-nav' thread Ali wisely sums up how to treat sat-navs:

"I think the main problem with Sat Navs is that people tend to follow them blindly and all common sense goes out of the window. Learn how to use them properly and they are a godsend."

Not a quote exactly, but Ali posts a brilliant 1,200 word essay to assist the lads planning a 'Euro Trip 2013'  :) That sums up the forum spirit!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15485&start=30

Work Experience Stasi

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 15:04:20 »
On the thread "New colours for 2013", Fatbelly expresses his excitement over the new colour range by saying:

From Suzuki's news letter, new colours for next year on show at the NEC. Everyone hated the old blue so why not bring it back?

Reksut replied:

I like black,, unless they can come up with something darker....

The question is: what's darker than black? I'm thinking "poltician's soul", but we all know they don't have one!

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 16:55:57 »
Reksut also said: "Mind you,, my red one is pleasing me right now....

That has got to get into the quotes thingy  :grin: "

And speaking as a mild-mannered curator that sounds like a threat, so it's in. I mean, just look at him, with his blue hat on - who's going te argue?

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 19:47:51 »
The 'good news, bad news' thread is a bit of a goldmine...Fatbelly said this about shit riders:

"When I was a bike instructor years ago I remember sitting down with a bloke and saying, "Please, don't continue with motorcycling, I'm really scared of what might happen to you". I think maybe I saved his life."

While loggamat stared discomfort right in its very ugliest face..."Was riding back home ... I was tired, and in quite a bit of pain because one of the cables for my heated socks (I know, I'm a girl) had wedged itself underneath my knee armour."

Brings a tear to the eye. :handgestures-salute:

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 08:23:33 »
Yoyo wonders about the wisdom of buying a Glee over his bigger engined bike:

"I can get a great deal on a new Glee but I'm concerned I'll be bored of it in 6 months and will miss the grunt of a litre bike..."

Jacko has a glee, and says

"The Glees v twin will perform in a different way to your 600 inline fours...I've ridden all sorts of big bore bikes, I find most of them exceed my needs, cost more to buy, are more to insure and use more fuel.. And for what? For more power I'll virtually never use.."

That encapsulates a popular view on this forum, though someone will mention the 'pre-loved' DL1000 possibilities... :)

Work Experience Stasi

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 08:30:03 »
What about the pre-loved DL1000 possibilities ?
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 13:27:03 »
Hah! I knew it!

Er, just that he could always get one, if he thought he'd miss the power. :shrug:

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 18:23:27 »
Piglumps alert!

Piglumps is going to the NEC Monday - thankfully he warns us of his probable attire:

]...might see some folks there, I'll be wearing a Senate Electrical bodywarmer and black beanie. Probably some trousers too...  :grin:  :neen:

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 22:01:26 »
Over in Oily Rag, General while discussing 'What Workbench?' Keithc has impressed with pictures of his huge tool collection

and he concluded thus: "I love the feel of a god tool in my hand" [sic]

(This post needs no commentary!)

Work Experience Stasi