Author Topic: Ready for winter storage  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
Re: Ready for winter storage
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 19:05:52 »
I suppose it all depends on the size of your aerosol :smirk:
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Rich:-)

Re: Ready for winter storage
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 11:47:49 »
Looked at vacuum bags and also coated bags but I need to position the bike close together and thought that would make the bags difficult to work with and likely to tear.

In the end I wrapped them both in a large tent material cover to make a sort of sealed bubble and have placed a 20w bulb under the engine of each. I also have temperature & humidity probe in there so can check periodically that the air in the bubble is consistently warmer & dryer than the garage air. This should really help once we start to get the big temperature shifts between night & day, like we do in spring.

Sorry for the quote, and for it to be my own post I quoted, but I thought it'd make more sense to recap what I'd done...

1st real test today and so far so good.  :)

Went into the garage just now and sure enough there is condensation on my filing cabinets and my DRZ is almost dripping there is so much on it. This is to be expected when we suddenly move from a cold spell to a warm one, especially as it's rained so much recently, with more to come...  :GRR:

Checked the sensor on my bike tent and it's 90% humidity in there, stuck my head in for a visual and sure enough my two roadies are nice & dry.  :thumb: