Author Topic: My Recommended Dealer / Bike Shop  (Read 2224 times)

Offline chambersp1

• Bike: DL650 M0 2020
My Recommended Dealer / Bike Shop
« on: December 01, 2008, 12:43:49 »
St Neots Motorcycles.

http://www.stneotsmotorcycles.com/

Family run, Helpful staff. Main Suzuki dealer.

I have purchased several bikes from them over the years, and they have always been helpful, knowledgeable and offer a speady service on parts and bit and bobs.

Rather than try to track down things and wait around for delivery, I always ask them if they can get what I need. Baglux tank covers, paddock stands, scot oilers, etc .

They keep a good range of spares for service needs, and are always helpful with advice.

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
Re: My Recommended Dealer / Bike Shop
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 21:32:50 »
Are they good on prices too? I may be after a few accessories in the New Year, (centre stand, new seat etc...)
No bike at present.......

Offline chambersp1

• Bike: DL650 M0 2020
Re: My Recommended Dealer / Bike Shop
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:29:30 »
I guess they will be just about the same price on genuine Suzuki parts, as I think Suzuki have fixed price policy (although some outlets appear to discount)

Price wise on other bits and bobs they are on a par with other dealers.

Price isn't the only factor for me on some bits, it's the service that counts. (you know the story, bike in bits, needing a part ASAP, that you didn't forsee. They always get bits really quickly.

Worth mentioning that I ordered my Kawasaki ZZR1400 through them, even though they are not a kawasaki dealer. I was so pissed off with the main Kawasaki dealer round here never returning my calls etc, that I just asked St Neots MC if they could supply one, had an answer that day and the bike in less than a week.

I tend to "vote with my feet" and poor service from a dealer, means I don't normally return.

I also run a track bike and they have been very helpful with partsfor that. Air filters, Power Commanders etc and recommended a good dyno centre.

I guess Flitwick Motorcycles are worth a mention as well. I don't use them often, (my wifes works near them, so somtimes she collects bits for me - so handy). They have supplied a few tyres for me when I have been stuck and they were very helpful and a pretty good price.

I tend to buy my tyres in bulk, from Bell Motorcycles in Wales, he's very good and very cheap on job lots, especaially track tyres.