Author Topic: 'Legs'  (Read 2354 times)

Offline King Orry

• Bike: Glee
'Legs'
« on: February 15, 2017, 17:34:01 »
Anyone out there use ex army goretex leggings (do people still us 'legs'.? or do all 'real' motorbike riders all wear pukka 100% waterproof bike gear these days.?).
I saw some on a local market, £20 a pair. They looked really useable as they had zips that went full length down the outside, ideal to get over boots.
My nephew wears a coat version and says it's perfect over leathers etc, keeps him totally dry and they're good wind/cold stoppers too.

Offline Hondaman

• Bike: 650 L3
Re: 'Legs'
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 18:04:53 »
MTP Goretex new army bottoms, available in a wide range of sizes and leg lengths and have a full length waterproof zip.
Brilliant as long as you don't mind the cammo look.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 19:00:09 »
If it's proper camouflage you wouldn't be seen surely?

I used to use goretex boot liners inside motorcross boots when greenlaning, I only had wet feet when the water was above the top of the boots.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline King Orry

• Bike: Glee
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 20:10:30 »
I've still got a pair of those boot liners, fantastic things.
Camo.. not too bothered about having it for leggings but I wouldn't want to dress in it head to toe, saw too many kitted out like that in Alaska recently. All heading out to kill or maim any/every living creature they could find.  :crazy:

Offline Angustoyou

• Bike: 2013 Glee
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 20:23:39 »
I use the leggings and the jacket. Look like an action man wannabee, but they are cheap and 100% waterproof for years.  Originaly got them for green laning, as they are cheap to replace if they get ripped, but they haven't. 

Tried a few various price point textiles over the years, all of which got damaged and/or leaked, so I'm back in leathers on the road, with the army goretex as waterproof overs when I need them.  Slowly converting my riding buddies, mostly down to the fact that after we stop on a long wet trip, I'm the only fully dry one.

Funtion over form for me.  We rode the entire run from the Midlands in full on rain to Fort William, they were cold and wet and fed up and just chugging the miles to our overnight, while I was enjoying the twisties, nipping forward, turning round and wazzing past them in the opposite direction before catching them back off and steaming off again.  Got to say the PR4s were brilliant for that trip.

Shat it if you crash into the undergrowth though.....