Author Topic: SW-Motech Bar Backs ...  (Read 2468 times)

Offline chopper_harris

SW-Motech Bar Backs ...
« on: June 22, 2013, 23:30:08 »
To ease the long run to Germany next week, I did this :

1. First Impressions/Unboxing Impressions

SW-Motch kit is always top quality, I have supplied and fitted the brand for 4-5 years now, bought direct from Motohaus.

It is well packaged and supplied with excellent fitting instructions.
Nicely finished alloy castings, no rough edges, and quality powder-coated in silver.
There were no black sets available from Motohaus, or SW-Motech Germany (Louise @ Motohaus did check for me) so I painted them with two-pack primer and satin black top coat.

2. Initial Setup/Installation

Designed to fit any 22mm bar (All Jap and most Euro bikes, apart from BMW), and supplied with good quality socket cap screws.

A breeze to install, the hardest part was removing the caps from the old socket screws without destroying them.

You will need a socket bit set to accurately torque the supplied longer cap screws to 22Nm

If it look more than 5 min from start to end I would be surprised.

3. Real World Testing (how did it perform)

Last Saturday, we had a group ride around North Wales, and the turn-in is unaffected.
After 5 hours, I felt great, the risers, combined with a taller T. Archer saddle and shortened dog-bones for +1 rear rise gave a superb riding position.

4. Specs & Other noteworthy facts

SW Motech website
32mm rise and 22mm back - Yoke hole spacing 32-38mm.

I also fitted a Goodridge twin race line and clutch line, all +2" over stock, this gives plenty of scope to tweak and adjust.

5. Tester's Opinion (summary)

Outstanding - they significantly increase the comfort of the Vee, and are well worth £52.00.

6. Star Rating

I give it    :star: :star: :star: :star: - the only PITA was having to paint it, everything else is outstanding.

1 star = piece of crap
2 star = maybe I should have done more research before buying this?
3 star = decent bit of kit for the money
4 star = better than expected with some nice extras/features
5 star = does it have a sister I can marry?! (aka I will buy this again!)

7. Pictures

C1 200 (2001)
R100 RS (1990)
R1200 RT (2005)
NSU Quickly N (1964)
Honda 400/4 F1 (1977)
MotoGuzzi V1000 (1978)
Triumph St Triple R (2013) - Wifeys

M6, Jn 27 (Standish)