Author Topic: Members price list for bespoke club bling  (Read 9278 times)

Offline wishbone

Re: Members price list for bespoke club bling
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 20:20:38 »
hi marc could you put me down for the reservoir cap and the oil cooler plate , with just v-strom on it Thanks ,I have the 650 , I'm a newbie  to the site so I welcome your guidance ,

Offline wishbone

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 20:31:19 »
me again bloody ell you can tell I'm a newb doh!!
   jus checked the screw on my oil cooler plate , god its tight , don't think I'm going to get it off without strippin the head , have you any ideas ??
 Thanks paul

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 20:46:33 »
Hi matey and welcome. Yep, take a look around the posts and you should find all the info & images you need. There`s more on ebay (my username is cymarceng) - about the cooler cover screw - soak it in penetrating oil over night then try that. if that fails get a good fitting screwdriver and try to lever the driver round with grips. Failing that try giving it a `tap` to break the bond, failing that try to put some warmth into it using one of those diy blowtorches, failing that take a chisel and hammer to it and try to make a notch in the fastener head and chisel it around until its loose enough for a screwdriver, failing that drill the f*cker out but BE CAREFUL! Whatever you do to get it of ALWAYS REPLACE IT WITH A NEW FASTENER PREFERABLY STAINLESS!  I replace all mine and any I take off member bikes with stainless.

:thumb:
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline coopmick

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 03:14:02 »
Quote from: "cymarceng"
I replace all mine and any I take off member bikes with stainless.

:thumb:
:sarc: Wish you include one with post orders ###  nightmare to find one to fit on a Sunday morning  :sarc:
 :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 07:14:05 »
That hurt  :shy:

You should have come up for free fitting then  :neen:

but seriously, you are right, those oil cooler cover screws are a pig - very cheap and nasty mild steel fastener combined with little or no corrosion protection.
Red Wine. God's way of saying he loves us and wants us to be happy but, just how happy does he want us to be?

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 07:29:38 »
blokes, I am off to Scotland and won`t be back till Monday - I will catch up on all messages then!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 15:40:24 »
Hi all, after a very entertaining couple of days I am back!

Following a commitment to bling up `dedy`s ride (f*ck me - pushed for time and all the fasteners had welded (aka rusted) themselves in place - even had to drill one b*stard out) I thing sprinted to the airport, met the bloke in Aberdeen (actually, a really nice bloke so I wish him well) gave him sh*tloads of dosh 9I`m loaded  :grin: ) and then rode an R1200GS (which is too big for me - had to stop by kerbs) in the dark in the rain to Rosythe where I found a local Spar, purchased huge amounts of alcohol, went back to the B&B and prepared myself for the next day.

F*ck me, was it windy of what? I spent 7hrs and 50 mins of the 8hr ride back lent at 45 degrees due to the side wind.

Anyway, I am back now (you'll all be pleased to know  :thumb: ) and am pleased to report that Dedy`s bike, despite the demonically possessed fasteners, got well blinged up and I think he is pleased!

If I can stay away from the booze and the GS long enough next project is the rack bracket and belly pan but, to be honest, I have some more installations to do for members shortly so we'll have to see as time is getting a tw*t to find at the moment.

Somehow, my missus doesn`t seem to understand that I have to do this?  :crazy:

Dedy (Dave) - coat that area which I rethreaded in something like thick grease or car underseal to restrict corrosion. My part might be stainless so it won`t rust but the original metalwork is Suzi stuff and is to good quality what I am to staying away from good red wine. Ta.

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 16:06:38 »
What size is that screw that holds the oil cooler cover on? As I'm thinking of replacing it with a stainless one before corrosion takes hold. Glad you like the Panzer, Dave and I had a laugh at your expense I'm afraid - the weather report for your journey home looked shite!!!

Cheers,
Stu

Offline Dedy

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 16:17:34 »
Cheers mark. I grease up the screw. Nothing like a good lubeing!

I've got the same problem with the screws holding in the pannier brackets. I'm trying to fit my new cans.

Those bloody screws!!!!!!! :crazy:
One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 16:21:32 »
M5 I think - Friday was a blur! And yes, the weather was horrendous, take a look at my other post and you`ll see!

So, taking the piss eh........? I`ll be having words with dave  :grin:

Offline wishbone

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 20:16:27 »
hi mark where do I go on ebay to check out your other stuff ?? Thanks paul :shrug:

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 23:47:13 »
Type in something like cb1300 radiator cover, find me (cymarceng) and look at the other items!

Offline wishbone

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 19:34:23 »
Thanks mark found you , erm !! your ebay stuff is slightly more than the prices you quoted here , sorry for the cheek but which one applies ??  :shrug:
 ps , I'd like the reservoir cap and the oil cooler  plate with just v-strom , is that poss cheers

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 20:26:01 »
The difference is because I have given members a discount so when ordering use the members price list - it`s posted somewhere on the forum!

Offline Mr. T

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2009, 20:29:39 »
Hi Mark, good to meet you today (and joobyjoo), I must say you are looking a bit older than your foto, must be all the grief you are getting from the 650 blokes! I'm just glad you started with 1000 stuff, the rad covers fitted like gloves, and the chain guard is a gem! One point that might help Mark (if you blokes/gals are getting him to fit), the little screw that is at the bottom of the oil-rad cover is definetly illigitamate, so, get loads of wd40/thread-freer on before you visit, and avoid a tiresome, stressful drill-out job! (I think we should all moan
to Suzuki about quality of some of these fasteners - do we have a powerful voice with them yet?). Finally Mark, whatever possessed you to buy a GS?!?!?
Thanks for some great bling and a good ride out mate!
Mr.T a "Dad-cabs" veteran, available at competitive rates and, apparently,  24/7 * 365!!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 14:44:39 »
I am pleased you are pleased! yes, all the 650 stuff has aged me  :grin:

Take care, don't forget you are always welcome if you are up in this neck of the woods.

Offline trophyrider

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2010, 21:06:26 »
Any chance of making up a stainless Sat Nav bracket for mounting Garmin Zumo 660?
Ride free or die!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2010, 23:17:01 »
send me some dimensions/images/ideas and I`ll see what I can do - I have been asked by a geezer in Canada to make one but I am yet to sort it out - hopefully it might be the same thing!

best regards,

mark

www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Offline Sparx

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 13:32:29 »
Mark, any news/progress with engine guard/bashplate, I've got all your other brilliant bling fitted already but have a birthday in September......

keep up the good work, Mac. :ty:
Rode fast - Too old to 'die young'!

Offline cymarceng

• Site Donator
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 14:19:23 »
Mate, stuff takes far toooo long to get right I am afraid. here is an image of a V Strom BBQ, I had already worked on the logo but to get the BBQ to this stage took a very very long time - you would not believe!

I am ever so sorry, the bash plate gets started next week but I will not rush it, get it wrong and then ruin what little reputation I have for good kit! I would not like to promise Sept..................

I do appreciate your support though mate