Author Topic: Arai Quantum ST or Shoei GT air  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Euroned

Arai Quantum ST or Shoei GT air
« on: December 12, 2015, 17:53:26 »
 Need upgrade from my old faithful Arai Viper GT...was looking at the Arai Quantum ST (always liked Arai and fit my head well)which I tried on and felt quite similar to my Viper GT. Then the sales bloke suggested I try the Shoei as they have more recently changed the fit for more heads and suggested he tried their best seller the GT air! Tried that on too, and very comfy, prob more than the quantum! Dilemma!! Help please.

Which is best Quantum or GT air???

Cheers

Neil
Stay rubber side down!

Offline boac

• Bike: 650 AK7
Re: Arai Quantum ST or Shoei GT air
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 19:43:15 »
Can't make a direct comparison between the two but I recently replaced my old Arai Condor with a Shoei GT Air. I was quite surprised as it was the first Shoei I've tried that is a good fit for my head. I specifically wanted my new lid to have a sun visor so that meant Arai was unfortunately out.

Very happy with the Shoei so far. Comfort is at least as good as my old Arai, it's quieter and much more stable at speed, ventilation is better and easy to switch even with winter gloves on. The sun visor is good and easy to use.

The only small issue I have with it is the visor movement is very very stiff. The mechanism pulls the visor back into the helmet slightly when you close it which makes for a good seal but opening it again is not easy. I'm hoping it will ease a bit with time.

Offline Tiny

• Bike: 2016 BMW R1200GSA
Re: Arai Quantum ST or Shoei GT air
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 22:56:11 »
I've no idea what the Shoei is like but my Quantum ST is spot on. The best prices I found were from FCmoto.de & if you use Quidco, you get 7% Cashback too. They also come with a Pinlock insert FOC.