Author Topic: HJC IS16  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Kells

HJC IS16
« on: June 26, 2014, 21:43:30 »
£80 from Infinity, compared to Shoei Quest £250, excellent value for money.
I knew from day one the Quest was noisy riding my old Bandit, but assumed when I bought the Wee all would be OK. Made no difference, the Quest is 10/10 for comfort, 4/10 for noise, drove me nuts.
I would like to thank the thieving B***ard who cut the lock and stole my old HJC (noisy) in Camden Town two weeks ago ( sympathy to the bloke who s scooter they stole parked next to my bike) or I would never of bought the IS16. Value for money YES. Drop down viser YES. The Quest is now relegated as old used for work. IS16 is the final touch more luck than judgement for achieving peacefull cruising 70mph on motorway. Givi airflow with IS16HJC works.
With the Quest I had to lift the Visor a fraction to eliminate noise, closing the Visor doubled noise level, with HJC closing the visor halfs the noise, unbelievable, Maybe its a better fit.
Maybe the Quest has a fault with sealing the Visor I don't know, all I can say is it works for me.
I have read reports of whistling FROM TOP VENTS, well, not a problem at 3 figure speeds vents open.

This is only my opinion with Givi airflow fitted and bike lowered 30mm with suspension in mid position. 5'8".
Tested with and without earpluggs in both helmets.

Kells

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: HJC IS16
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 18:05:42 »
I have a Qwest, it's the quietest helmet I've had by a quite a bit. I never had visor sealing issues, but if you do you can just adjust the visor. IIRC there are some hex bolts on the mechanism at each side, if you undo them a bit you can get a good seal. I had to do this once on my X-Lite X-551 helmet. The Shoei is still the best quality helmet I've had, but they are a bit expensive for what they are.

Helmets are a very personal thing, same goes for noise and noise is also affected by a lot of other factors on a bike. Always different for everyone.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog