Author Topic: Arai Axces II  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Kaboo

Arai Axces II
« on: December 02, 2012, 16:58:31 »
Time to return to a more road specific lid again - nothing wrong with the Tour -X3 but with the Triumph I find that my head is in the airstream a bit more than it was with the Strom, so I find it harder to turn my head left-right when doing motorway speeds. I am sure I will miss the peak though, comes in very useful.

The reason for this model is 'cause it was all I wanted, fits my Arai shaped head, looks good and is being discounted 'cause it is a 2012 model. So got it for £335 from local dealer, instead of £369 + postage from online.

So far - the padding is much softer than the utilitarian X3, and the pads are still removable. It has a big field of vision and the Visor up-down mechanism is much smoother than the X3. The chin bar is quite wide though and I can only just make out the clocks without having to move my head down, not a problem with the X3.

I wouldn't rate it as that quiet, so far, even from just riding it locally (into a 25 mph headwind !) Will have to do a bit of a trip away to see what it is like riding all day with it.

But still, pleased so far (new toy syndrome I know !) and here is a piccie of it: