Author Topic: Uvex Carbon Enduro  (Read 5573 times)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Re: Uvex Carbon Enduro
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 14:12:45 »
I thought I'd post an update on my Uvex Carbon Enduro as I've had this lid just over a year now and I've done about 5,000 miles wearing it. Firstly I'm still very happy with it, the lightness still brings a smile to my chubby face every time I put it on. It's incredibly comfortable and this has improved even more with a few miles; thankfully though the padding hasn't settled too much and the helmet is still a lovely snug fit. The visor's (legal tinted and naughty dark) have refused to fog up in some truly appalling conditions although the coating is starting to show some signs of wear and I have scratched the dark tinted one with some clumsy handling. Looks like I need to lash out £30 each for a pair of visors...
I have read on other forums that some people have had issues with the visor not sealing or seating properly. All I can say mine has been fine, the only issue I've had has been a slight 'rattle' from the peak in crosswinds. This was cured with a couple of bits of thin foam stuck to the inside of the peak to keep a bit of pressure against the visor, sorted for pennies.
I still rate this lid as 9.5 out of 10 for the reasons I gave before - the front chin vents are open all the time and it is a bit draughty in the winter. I don't ride very often when it's cold so I can put up with it but I think if I was an all-year biker it would be a bit chilly.
Still a happy camper, just need some sunshine to bring out the best in the carbon fibre weave  :)))
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'