Author Topic: Couldn't make it up!  (Read 1478 times)

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Couldn't make it up!
« on: September 07, 2008, 19:23:17 »
My daughter wrote off her car and is waiting for her insurance payout to buy another car. Today looking through Autotrader I found a great little car at the right price, low mileage etc. it ticked every box, even the colour she wanted... The car only had 30k miles on it, there were extensive photographs from every angle and it had been MOTd and serviced last week.

So I thought I would be super dad and buy it for her....Rang the seller, "is the car still for sale?" says I, "yes, but there are a few people lined up to see it" says he. "Great, I really like the look of it, I am going to take a chance and buy it over the phone right now, give me your Paypal address and I'll pay a deposit now and see you in the morning to collect with cash"

"ooh hang on" says he, "it's my daughters car I'll have to ask her if that's OK" off he goes, comes back a while later and says "well she is not quite ready to sell it yet"  :shock:  "mate, it's in the Autotrader this week"?

"yeah I know" he says "but she needs it for at least a week"

By this point I am losing the will to live, but because the car looks good I offer this "tell you what, I'll still pay the deposit now if we can collect the car next weekend, how's that?"

Off he goes....

"No thanks, I think we will leave it"  :roll:

"mate, what is it you don't like?, is it the Paypal thing or what? I will bring the balance in cash"

"No we are just not ready to sell"  :shock:  :shock:

"Do the other people who are travelling to see the car know this?" says I

"Not yet" says he...

F*ck me sideways.....................................
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!