Author Topic: Moto mover let me down  (Read 1240 times)

Offline crofty

• Bike: DL650, DL250
Moto mover let me down
« on: October 24, 2020, 23:02:05 »
Just before I put the V Strom off the road for the winter I bought a scooter as a winter hack.
You probably won't use this bloke but just in case !
This company picked up a scooter I bought back in June. Bike was dropped sometime in transit. When it arrived the owner Alan said just get it repaired and his insurance would cover it. I got the estimates (only £300 ) and he said go ahead.
The bike shop I chose does work for me on other bikes I own so It was the obvious choice.
On completion of the repair I paid the shop and got the invoice made out to him.  He won't take my calls now and I guess he won't be paying up. Its not alot of money and I never paid him for the transport so I am only out a hundred quid or so, but it might have been a different story if it was a very expensive bike and the damage ran to to 4 figures.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: Moto mover let me down
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 06:29:45 »
First name in the yellow pages!  Shame you are out of pocket on this but telling people about things like this is a good way for others to make informed decisions.  Facebook and Twitter are actually effective tools for this as the backlash the offending company receives is very rapid and they usually don't enjoy that kind of exposure.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...