Market Place > Wanted

2014 exhaust valve cables

(1/3) > >>

AdvntureSi:
Looking for 1 or A pair of cables, one of mine is shedding near the valve..  :yukk:

nigel s:
If it is like my gen 1 fazer ,check the pulley for rot /free action.It rusted  on mine ,and that is what did for the cables.I got a second hand pulley and every time I put the bike in the garage I squirted a dose of GT85 down the cover and the problem didn't come back.

mr_diver:
The CBR1000 from 2017 onwards and the CBF1000 have issues with seized exhaust butterfly valves.

The usual solution is remove the cables and the valve plate. - No Valve, No Problem.

AdvntureSi:
OK.. so if I "delete" the valve and cables..  the servo box won't know?? 

Does the valve make any difference at low rpm?. 

Valve moves freely.. the cable must have been damaged somehow..

nigel s:
If you just take off the cables and leave the servo connected  to do it's thing ,it will be fine,no codes.But you may find you cannot remove the flap with out surgery,in which case you need to wire it in the open position.
The exhaust flap at the silencer ,unlike the gen 1 fazers at the header, are more to do with passing emmisions than horsepower delivery.
On some bikes with it removed and an open can it can cause popping on the overrun.
Most bikes have some form of air injection to burn off unused fuel on the overrun.Part of the flaps duty is to close on the overrun to muffle the pops as the fuel is burnt.
As long as you have the std can with it's many chambers rather than a straight through after market it should be fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version