Author Topic: New Exhaust  (Read 1732 times)

Offline stangbanger

New Exhaust
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:29:33 »
Got a new exhaust on the wee last weekend from Leo Vince and I must admit the fit is impressive, everything slotted together perfectly and the build quality is brilliant.
The standard Suzuki bashplate wouldn't fit back on again so I had to modify the rearmost bracket so it snaked between the 2 pipes and then trim off the right hand edge of the bashplate also so the extra pipe passed it.
It didn't take too long to sort the whole job out and its imporved the midrange and how quickly the revs pick up by quite a bit. I have been told that the ecu will not need remapped due to it being a full system but if I did it there would be even better gains with the cat no longer being on the bike, and the sound is amazing, just go look at a dakar bike video and that's what it sounds like now. LOVE IT!!!
Now I read up that there were height issues in right hand turns and after a very "spirited" ride on saturday I did indeed ground out the pipe on a roundabout. I didn't go down but had one helluva slide and left a nasty flattened patch on the front manifold pipe.
I wouldn't let that put off any potential buyers cos at the end of that day I was riding like a tit and going way harder than normal.
Yesterday I had a set of raising links made in a local engineering shop and ill be setting the sag today and ordering better front springs to totally solve that issue.

Bashplate trimmed to let the pipe pass through it

Offline Countrysailor

Re: New Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 23:23:04 »
What was the cost?
Keep it between the ditches...

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 15:29:03 »
OOooooooohhhhh ........
Shineyyyyyyyyy...
lol

Online 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 15:40:21 »
Looks good  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline stevie-m

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 18:58:42 »
How much and did you get it locally ??

Offline stangbanger

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 19:06:25 »
I paid £550 for it in module road and race down in antrim. I got he bike out for a good run yesterday with the raising links on and had no issues with rubbing at all. I would still like to take the bike up a wee bit more but for now its grand.
On a side note Kieth in module is pretty damned good at laying his hands on bits for the v-strom, there is a suspension kit on its way from Hyperpro for mine with progressive fork springs, oil and a rear shock spring at £212, which I think is a good enough deal, if your in the area call in and see him.