Author Topic: 2013 Vstrom new GPR fitted  (Read 22089 times)

Offline ElBandito

Re: 2013 Vstrom new GPR fitted
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2015, 20:23:32 »
Today was the day I was going to take the GPR exhaust off and re-fit the original as I'm trading the bike in for an MT-07.  Lo and behold I got back from an early morning ride out to find the end can hanger has snapped again - that's two in a year!  Consequently now when I put it on Ebay it'll have a clause stating "buy a sturdy hanger cos the GPR original is crap".  
Another issue I've had is that my textile clothing gets a bit smelly from the fumes that must circulate round the back.  I guess it's because there is no cat in the exhaust as my gear wasn't smelly with the original exhaust - apart from my manly odours.
It's a pity because it has a nice sound with the baffle in (very loud without it).  Anyway, it will go on Ebay along with a Suzuki Vario screen and V-Strom chainguard to generate a couple of quid to go towards some extras for the MT.
Mods: GPR exhaust,  Vario screen, Oxford Hotgrips, knuckle guards, tank pad, under cowling, centre stand, chain guard, Scotoiller, mudguard Extenda.
Previous bikes: SS50, RD250F, RD350LC, Bandit600, SV650S, DRZ400SM, Transalp, Intruder800.

Offline wilson8269

Re: 2013 Vstrom new GPR fitted
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 20:25:57 »
how much you looking at for thr exhaust if you still got it