Author Topic: Re: TENTS & SLEEPING BAGS  (Read 9677 times)

Offline DiviDoris

Re: TENTS & SLEEPING BAGS
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 23:24:05 »
Hmmm, looks like I'm going to have a bit of competition.

Am working hard on getting my site http://www.touring-wild.com up and running, especially as I've got an ad booked in the next issue of ABR due out in just over a week or so....

I'll also be selling tents, sleeping bags, camping & travel accessories. I'll be happy to sell to anyone who finds the site but it's aimed specifically at bikers, with the main emphasis on minimal weight & size but maximum function.

Times are a bit hard in my bricks & mortar store in West Yorkshire (http://www.mountain-wild.com) at the moment so just trying to drum up a bit of extra income from another source, 'coz as we've all said bikers like to camp too. So apologies for my blatant attempt at self promotion here   :grin:  - expect I'll get banned....

There will of course be a discount for all the Strom Trekkers & other forum users - just watch this space. In the meantime if you're at a loose end and need some outdoor gear take a look at http://www.mountain-wild.com  :ty:

I'm already quaking in my boots that the site will look good enough for you to give it the  :thumb: Juv!!!   :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
YBR 125 (passed test), Suzuki GS500 (stolen), Yamaha XJ6S Diversion (good fun) V-Strom 650 DL (saw the light)...

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 10:05:49 »
Wow, 'Doris'! - well to my critical eye that is one really professional website: attractive, logically laid out, informative, and function and utility, too! Love the elegant simplicity of the main photo on the homepage: says it all!

Roggo - I know you're still tweaking your site (early days) but my feeling is you have an opportunity to capitalize on your main project which is selling motorcycle-specific kit, so calling yourself The Tent blokes is too generic?  As an example, I just googled motorcycle tents touring and didn't find your site, I bet you could tweak that website name...??   :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 13:06:59 »
Search results also depend on meta tags in the web pages. One more reason to get a professional involved, they will know how to add these to make sure your site comes up in search engines.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline DiviDoris

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 11:39:32 »
Thanks Gassoon   :)

I'm very much open to constructive critisism and will welcome thoughts & suggestions from anyone as to what they would like to buy in the way of camping gear. Just PM me / give me a call (tel no on Touring Wild site, well will be when it's live - the final countdown's underway) if there's something specific you're after - you never know I might be able to do you a dodgy deal!  I'm happy to help if I can  :grin:
YBR 125 (passed test), Suzuki GS500 (stolen), Yamaha XJ6S Diversion (good fun) V-Strom 650 DL (saw the light)...

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 11:29:41 »
Great stuff Roggo!  All comments meant well, glad you see it that way mate!

:thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 13:08:54 »
Likewise :thumb:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Gassoon

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 09:23:17 »
What an improvement! Nice site, Roggo (and mate!) Some very nice kit there, too...! :thumb:

Work Experience Stasi

Offline jimbo8098

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 13:33:36 »
I've got a Halfords Connock 1. JUST big enough for a single person and their kit with clothing and suck hept on the bike. Tiny package though , maybe 1/4m long and 1/8m wide when packed right. I have a bigger one that is about 1/2m long and 1/4m wide , it uses two poles where the cannock uses one.

EDIT: NVM , I see you gave it there :)

Will forward your site on :)