Author Topic: '19 DL650 XT Foot peg mounts  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Ade8

• Bike: DL650XT L9, 82 TS125ER, 95 XV535S bobber, 97 Montesa Cota 315r
'19 DL650 XT Foot peg mounts
« on: March 12, 2020, 23:46:39 »
Anyone know if the '19 DL650 has the same type/size/shape front foot peg mounts and fittings as previous years please?
I am hoping the ones below might fit, anyone have any experience of them at all too please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293506122405

Cheers,
Ade.
⛺+🌄+🏍=🙂

Offline Sage

• Bike: DL650 K6
Re: '19 DL650 XT Foot peg mounts
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 15:23:34 »
I've found that these types of pegs stick out a bit more when they flip up in a crash, increasing the possibility of breaking them.
Lowering plates work very well.
https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/Suzuki-v-strom-650cc--1000cc-foot-peg-lowering-kit---fits-2014-models-and-onward-127-p.asp

Offline Ade8

• Bike: DL650XT L9, 82 TS125ER, 95 XV535S bobber, 97 Montesa Cota 315r
Re: '19 DL650 XT Foot peg mounts
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 16:59:11 »
Thanks for the info Sage  :thumb:

Having had no response from the seller from the original link, I have managed to find what look like the same pegs listed elsewhere and cheaper too (HK seller; MC Moto. Pegs look identical, see new link below)
MC Moto responded quickly with a photo including the width dimension of the peg bracket fitting for the '19 Wee. See attached photo below.

Having measured the original 2019 Suzuki pegs (photo also attached) I can confirm the adjustable pegs in the second link below are indeed the same size at the mounting bracket attachment as the original Suzukis.

So I'm going to go ahead and order them for use in some gentle, slow paced off roading I have coming up soon (which is really as far as I'd push the DL off road)

Link to MC Moto listing here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/233387641592

I'll keep this post updated with a review when I've tried them out for a little while, but I think they'll be much more grippy and comfortable when standing They also look quite a good match colour wise for the gold spoked rims I have. They look quick and easy to adjust, and hopefully should provide a little extra comfort on longer rides too, when I occasionally get a bit of thigh cramp after a few hours. I may or may not rig up a rubber insert for them (I have also got a pair of highway pegs to fit when I can figure out a suitable way to fit them which should help some for long distance comfort too)
 Hopefully the new adjustable pegs will be reasonably durable, but I reckon really only time and use will be the true test of that. Fingers crossed they hold up when I drop the bike again eh. Which I will   :shock: :whistle: :shy:

Onwards and upwards.
Ride on all be happy.
Ade.

⛺+🌄+🏍=🙂