Author Topic: Givi E55  (Read 1675 times)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Givi E55
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:04:04 »
I have just lashed out on a Givi E55 top box for the Guzzi as my Coocase has had a rush of blood and fallen foul of electrical gremlins (OK, so maybe it was a dumb idea to have a remote opening topbox & alarm...). First off this thing is huge ! As the title suggests it's a 55 litre capacity box and it will easily swallow two full face lids + other gubbins. My Uvex enduro lid with it's peak fits in effortlessly with non of the fiddling around to try and get the lid shut, nice. The closing mechanism is nice and precise and gives a confident 'clunk' when closed. So far very impressed and the satin silver trim is a perfect match to the Guzzi's standard paint, which is nice. See the link below for a picture of one -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Givi-E55-Maxi ... 25734ec238

Bring on the Alp's  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Upright

Re: Givi E55
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 21:09:47 »
you won't regret buying this. I've loaded It with so much stuff I had to take it off  the bike to sit on it to close it - still locked securely. Also had it load very heavy. Great asset for day to day.
It's not my fault, it's your fault. I told you I was stupid but you didn't listen!

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:01:24 »
Quote from: "Upright"
you won't regret buying this. I've loaded It with so much stuff I had to take it off  the bike to sit on it to close it - still locked securely. Also had it load very heavy. Great asset for day to day.

Yes it seems to be a great top box, I fitted the Givi high level stop light kit at the weekend - what a fiddly job ! Tiny little screws to remove, dinky little connctors to use and me with fingers like cow's tits ! Still looks good now it's done and surprisingly bright  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:56:25 »
Got the older E52 myself, great spacious box. I've loaded it up more than I should too, with no problems. Also have the brake light built in.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi