Author Topic: Scottoiler  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Lincsman

Re: Scottoiler
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 14:00:52 »
Well after lots of fun and no blue air  :angry-banghead: I managed to get the oh so easy tank off, what a joy it was too. I've found the vacuum pipes as most of you here will more than likely know, I'll post some pictures here as a future member might want to know where they are. Thanks again to you all for your help and advice. I might cut into the left one, then again looking at the space available, I might do the right one instead. Picture 1 is the left side.

Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 18:03:38 »
That's the one. Glad you're sorted  :fix: :thumb:

Offline hotbulb

• Bike: DL650 L4
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 18:19:38 »
Excellent pics! Pleased you've sorted it  :thumb:

Offline Lincsman

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 18:37:19 »
Well I've ordered my  :shock: surprise gift from the Sportsbike shop, but only after I found it cheaper on Amazon, emailed them and they reduced the price. They are an amazing company to deal with, I, like many here I guess, have bought quite a few thinks from them, and I just can't fault them, nothing seems to be too much trouble when you pop in the store, and try endless things on. Other company's would do well to take a leaf out of their book.
It comes on Monday.
Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/

Offline Jules-iow

• Bike: DL650XT AL7, 1977 GS750, 1984 CM125T (basket case)
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2018, 22:10:42 »

Hi. I wondered how you got on with the Scottoiler installation? I have fitted one to my 2017 DL650AX. I could not see it working in the position suggested on the S.O. website so fitted it behind the right hand side panel. This took some devious drilling through the plastic moulding and the scottoiler holder but holds the resevoir at a better angle while still allowing relatively easy filling and adjustment.
I cut into the right hand vacuum hose on the airbox which seemed to work well and , yeah, about an hour and a half to get the tank off! Whole job took about 4 hours.