Author Topic: Puncture today - Trying Conti Trail II tyres  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Valves

• Bike: ex-DL1000A L5 & NT1100A
Puncture today - Trying Conti Trail II tyres
« on: April 19, 2018, 21:13:32 »
 ### Got a puncture riding to work today, a real bummer. Great that the  :sunny: is out but only one dealer near me could fit me (Roadwheel Tyre & Exhaust, Fleet, Hants) in for a new tyre. Decided to change both front and rear for the tyres they had in stock - Conti Trail II's. Got a nice 300 mile ride this weekend so will see what I think of them  :)

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)

Offline TimothyTim

• Bike: DL650 K6
Re: Puncture today - Trying Conti Trail II tyres
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 17:09:19 »
My 650 arrived (second hand) with them and I'm so impressed I put the same on last time. Fabulous in the dry on road and good enough in the wet (I slow down these days). Not used off road and doubt I will, but see no reason not to fit them next time...
How are you getting on ? Probably need 300 miles to see if they suit you...

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 17:37:07 »
I seem to remember MCN trying the Conti trail 2's on their long term test Veek a few years ago and liking them best of all tyres they tried. Be interesting to hear what you think.
My mate with a gs12 loves them and gets 9k miles from the rear! 

Offline Valves

• Bike: ex-DL1000A L5 & NT1100A
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 18:42:02 »
Have to say I'm quite impressed with the tyres and find them better than the Bridgestones that were fitted from stock.
Handled some tight twisties really well but need to see what the longevity is like
You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)

Offline philthunder

• Bike: Strom 1000 2017
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 06:42:58 »
I tried the Conti Trail 2 tyres on my 650 and thought they were very good. Much more confidence in corners and softer ride, bit less mileage than the Bridgestones but much better ride.
What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare, and rev the nuts off the beast.