Author Topic: What have you done today  (Read 9570 times)

Rusty Nuts, Joe Rocket and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: What have you done today
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2023, 11:53:53 »
Tested positive for Covid!!  ###
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Asmith61

• Bike: DL1000 K7, 2011 B-King 1300 , 1999 Triumph 1200 Trophy 2023 Harley Nightster 975
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2023, 12:54:44 »
Oh no Mick there is a lot of it about again, has deb tested positive too ?

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2023, 15:02:04 »
Bugger, get well soon Mick.

On the other hand I've had some great news today, my recent ECG has shown normal heart function, no sign of any damaged tissue and a volumetric flow efficiency of 65% (normal is about 55%) so better than new! Very happy & relieved in equal measures.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Online StromGeeza

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: just scoots now
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2023, 15:18:59 »
Covid cases are on the up, make sure you're up to date with jabs if you're eligible!

Coming back from a camping weekend (see my earlier post today in 'camping'), putting away the gear, I did the 600 arse-sitting hours service on the foldaway camping chairs. A few washers for screws starting to pull through the fabric, some gluing down of frayed bits and tears, lube on pivot points and silicone spray on sliding bits and a nice sit down after. Not to be attempted by anyone with OCD tendencies... (Don't forget to make a note in the service history).  lol

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2023, 16:08:13 »
I had a 4th or 5th covid jab on Saturday along with a flue and phumonia vaccine, I didn't know there was a phumonia vaccine. I never had covid until after my first vaccine and then I didn't know I had it until I did a routine test, as we did back then. It's all very strange, I blame it on the Russians  :roll:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline Barbel Mick

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2023, 16:28:24 »
Oh no Mick there is a lot of it about again, has deb tested positive too ?
Yes, she tested positive Thursday.....it was only a matter of time!  :GRR:
Thanks 2112. Great news for you that!!

We're due our boosters but can't get an appointment to get them!   :angry-banghead:
Mick

Online Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2023, 16:38:10 »
Great news 2112,
Really crappy news Mick. I suggest some back copies of Bike magazine and a bottle of Jura Rye Cask.
Upt.

Offline Asmith61

• Bike: DL1000 K7, 2011 B-King 1300 , 1999 Triumph 1200 Trophy 2023 Harley Nightster 975
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2023, 16:58:59 »
Great news 2112 👍

And Mick ain’t that about right  :icon_batterup:

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2023, 19:03:46 »
I tested positive last wednesday. One of the blokes in the office who like a pint in a few of the ruff pubs in swansea brought it in to share.

Most of the office have either been off or working from home after testing positive.

Hope you get through it without too much issue.
I was coughing all night Thursday and was in no fit state to work on friday.

A few scalding hot baths over the weekend seem to have put me right.

Ride Coordinator

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2023, 19:25:52 »
Talking about tents, has anyone tried treating the Oxford Aquatex covers with tent spray? (The stuff that's meant to condition / waterproof / UV protect tents)

I'm going to be on my 3rd cover in 3 and a bit years, they just seem to go really thin, lose the shine, and start tearing, especially on parts that are really exposed to the sun / kept taut. For instance the material round the elastic on the wheels is really strong still, but the section above the seat is dry, crinkly and will tear if you look at it wrong.

Once I bite the bullet (the covers appear to have gone up in price...) I will treat the new one with the spray every so often and see if it lasts longer!
We use Fabsil waterproofer on all our boat canopies, works well for all year protection.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grangers-Fabsil-Gold-1-lt/dp/B002UG8IQK/ref=asc_df_B002UG8IQK/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218086732501&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2949937500614828117&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006957&hvtargid=pla-421699537163&th=1

Offline Barbel Mick

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2023, 19:51:40 »
Cheers Nathan. Yeah it's the coughing that's getting to me. Three days of it now.  :angry-banghead:
Glad you're over the worst of it.
Mick

Offline UK_Vstrom650

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2023, 21:32:44 »
Hope you and Debs feel better soon Mick.
I went to a meeting in Liverpool today only to be met by someone who'd travelled there who was full of cold/covid. No idea why they came as they said they felt awful and we were in a tiny room for 6hrs... Suppose you might as well spread it about these days :shrug:

Great news 2112  :happydance:

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2023, 22:22:23 »
Ref the waterproofing...
I've used Fabsil, it was nasty stuff and to be honest I was never impressed with the level of waterproofing.

I've used Nikiwax waterproofer for years, I stick my bike gear in on a cold wash, then put it through another rinse cycle and pour in 100ml of Nikiwax in the draw and wash it down with an extra litre of water.

Water/rain just beads up on the outside for quite a while after even when riding everyday.
That reminds me, it's bee  a while since I washed and re-proofed my gear.

The problems with material degradation and being prone to tearing is due to UV damage... keep it out of the sun, but that's kind of dificult if the bike lives outside.
I had a cover over my bike when it was parked against the house on the south facing side... the side facing the wall was dark black, the side facing the sun was pale grey and crispy after about a year.

Ride Coordinator

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2023, 04:43:56 »
Ref the waterproofing...
I've used Fabsil, it was nasty stuff and to be honest I was never impressed with the level of waterproofing.

I've used Nikiwax waterproofer for years, I stick my bike gear in on a cold wash, then put it through another rinse cycle and pour in 100ml of Nikiwax in the draw and wash it down with an extra litre of water.

Water/rain just beads up on the outside for quite a while after even when riding everyday.
That reminds me, it's bee  a while since I washed and re-proofed my gear.

The problems with material degradation and being prone to tearing is due to UV damage... keep it out of the sun, but that's kind of dificult if the bike lives outside.
I had a cover over my bike when it was parked against the house on the south facing side... the side facing the wall was dark black, the side facing the sun was pale grey and crispy after about a year.

No I wouldn't use Fabsil on clothing either,but sprayed onto a clean,dry cover and allowed to dry works well.
We often have new boats (ours and other builders)moored together outside all year,and the Fabsil treated canopies last longer.
Use an old spray bottle of kitchen/bathroom cleaner........free bottle.

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2023, 14:38:35 »
Thanks for the waterproofing suggestions, I'll have a gander and see what I can sort for the new cover!

Also Mick, get well soon. I had it two weeks ago, started as a mild cold and then day 4 onwards I was almost confined to the bathroom as it must have decided to take residence in my bowels. I felt fine except for the obvious inconvenience...

Offline endintears

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2023, 18:05:08 »
@Barbel Mick
Sorry to hear you've both been got again.
Had it again myself just a few weeks ago
Just as it cleared up got a text to book a flu and Covid booster lol

Offline Barbel Mick

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2023, 18:34:40 »
Thanks gents, a lot better today. Just hope I'll be negative for Friday so I can go to the pub with the lads.  :obscene-drinkingchug:   :)
Mick

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2023, 20:53:04 »
I went fishing at "the secret lake". Unfortunately I am not allowed to say more.
Maybe it was the last, sunny, warm, dry day of the year.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2023, 02:05:18 »
No government restrictions saying you can't go to the pub Friday Mick, positive or not!  :grin: Up to your own morals now!

I was going to book my flu/covid jab (at increased risk supposedly...), I might just have the flu one since I've had the real thing again! My one and only time of having real flu I was bedbound for over a week, never again.

Offline Barbel Mick

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2023, 10:39:22 »
Yes, I am aware that there are no government restrictions if you have, or believe you may have, Covid. However, I wouldn't want to pass this onto anyone if I can avoid it. Being retired (did I ever mention I'm retired) l don't really need to go out (to a public place) for 6/7 days so can see no point in doing so.
I do also have a very good reason for not visiting the pub with my mates if I think I'm still contagious & that is because one of them has been on Chemotherapy treatment for his cancer for a while now & his immune system isn't great.
He might have less time to enjoy a pint in the future than me so happy to give him the opportunity.  :thumb:   
Mick