Author Topic: Ride towards Skye  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Hessy

• Bike: DL1000 K6
Ride towards Skye
« on: December 30, 2017, 12:57:22 »
This is a Video taken on my two day ride up towards Sky and Applecross in September 2015 as a lot of you have pointed out I was very Lucky with the weather.
It was taken using a Mini DV sport cam on top of my helmet, good little vid camera for £30 off ebay.
some of the other Videos I have put on here were taken using a Muvi K series cam mounted on the side of my helmet.

Offline CharlitTee

• Bike: 2016 VStrom 650 L5; 2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
Re: Ride towards Skye
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 15:20:38 »
Another great video, Hessy. Is there a better road anywhere than the Road to the Isles on a fine day with little traffic?

Charlie
If a man knows he’s a hero, he can always find a dragon to fight even if the dragon’s asleep and minding its own business.

Offline Hessy

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 15:26:04 »
If there is I haven't found it yet my friend...

Offline Lincsman

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 15:56:58 »
You certainly know how to pick the right time to go. Brilliant weather again. Maybe you should let us have your holiday dates for next year so we can all get great weather  :)
 :text-goodpost:
Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/

Offline Savak

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 17:13:04 »
If you want a really nice way to Skye go straight up using thee A87 but turn left at Sheil Bridge for the Glenelg ferry. This single track road takes you to the only manual turntable ferry in the world, really amazing, but it does not operate on Sunday. Once on Skye the single track road on the other side brings you out near Broadford.

Here's a teaser

Regards
Graeme

Offline Hessy

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 06:44:11 »
Thank you my friends,
Lincsman... yes all the videos were taken over just 2 days but I had been watching the weather in Scotland very closely nearly all summer and as soon as I saw a few days that looked good I went, I loved every mile of it.

Savak... Thank you very much for the info and Video, I will certainly take your advice and go that route next year.
Thank you again for taking the time to inform me about it.
Great little vid